Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST experience on used ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
So I’ve had many cars and SUV that offer the driving class and I’ve never did them. For some reason I’m interested in the Explorer ST experience.
problem is I bought it used 2021 with 6k miles. (Right color right options) is there anyways they will let me do the class still?
Anyone that has experienced the class was it worth it? If I can’t do it with used car Vin # and the class is worth it I’ll figure a way how to get it even if I have to pay. Any input would be appreciated

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
AFAIK, the class is offered to the original purchaser of a new ST and only for one year from date of purchase. The Experience I attended in Asheville last year was AMAZING!!!!!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
A little more color…

My impression was that the Experience is conducted by a third party paid by Ford. Assuming it’s so, theoretically there could be a price one could pay them to be included. Don’t be surprised if such a price (assuming they’d agree) would seem crazy high. My wife and I marveled at what it must have cost to put on the event. The hotel room itself had a rack rate of $400/night (certainly they paid less), all the meals, the swag, fuel/maintenance/depreciation of the vehicle, the big staff that travels from Charlotte together with all the equipment, etc.

It seemed to me it had to cost multiple thousands of dollars for each participant or couple. More crazy is the fact that my salesman NEVER mentioned this valuable perk when trying to sell me the ST. If I hadn’t noticed it on the window sticker, I’d have never known. Ford obviously intends this to be a sales tool and maybe it isn’t always used well.

Last edited:

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My Brother in Law wanted to go so bad he asked me if he could pay for the Experience. I told him yes, it costs about $55,000 and they throw in a new Explorer.

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
A little more color…

My impression was that the Experience is conducted by a third party paid by Ford. Assuming it’s so, theoretically there could be a price one could pay them to be included. Don’t be surprise if such a price (assuming they’d agree) would seem crazy high. My wife and I marveled at what it must have cost to put on the event. The hotel room itself had a rack rate of $400/night (certainly they paid less), all the meals, the swag, fuel/maintenance/depreciation of the vehicle, the big staff that travels from Charlotte together with all the equipment, etc.

It seemed to me it had to cost multiple thousands of dollars for each participant or couple. More crazy is the fact that my salesman NEVER mentioned this valuable perk when trying to sell me the ST. If I hadn’t noticed it on the window sticker, I’d have never known. Ford obviously intends this to be a sales tool and maybe it isn’t always used well.
Yes for a actual race instruction skid pad ect 2 day event was 2500$ ish I don’t remember exact cost and that was no hotel no meals just instruction. I’m sure the instruction is much more race car but I can only imagine the ford experience being more prob double.
I should of attended the SRT experience when my TrackHawk was new after the fact I hear that one has really good instruction. I planned on doing the class I mentioned above but just seems cooler in a explorer compared to car.
I know lots of people I’m gonna see if I can get in the ST class. Or I’ll ask how much it costs.
thanks for your input

Explorer ST Posts