Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST Driving Experience

Flyboy

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Has anyone registered for the ST Driving Experience and participated? I was told by my dealer that there was a 18 month to 2 year waiting list. Any experiences?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
If that’s really the case, I believe you’re SOL. The offer is only good for 12 months from date of delivery. In our case, there were no slots available. But, I checked back frequently and there apparently were cancellations that freed up slots.

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue
https://www.stsuvexperience.com/index.php/ford-explorer-st-suv-experience/
2022 Registration is open, first group to June is probably full.
Call them, 435-27-SPEED. Find out when the next group is opening up.
I bought my ST In Sept 21, and checked the website daily…. They finally opened it up in early Feb 22 for the first group. CHECK EVERY DAY.
I snagged the first week of June 22, good luck, be persistent!!

OP
F

Flyboy

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
https://www.stsuvexperience.com/index.php/ford-explorer-st-suv-experience/
2022 Registration is open, first group to June is probably full.
Call them, 435-27-SPEED. Find out when the next group is opening up.
I bought my ST In Sept 21, and checked the website daily…. They finally opened it up in early Feb 22 for the first group. CHECK EVERY DAY.
I snagged the first week of June 22, good luck, be persistent!!
I just registered this morning for June experiences in Asheville NC. Lots of spaces open for @ 6 different dates

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
They run monthly classes until October. There will be plenty of classes that have still yet to open up for registration. I’m looking to do a late summer early fall at the NC location.

arg4me

Reactions
I bought my ST back in May 2021. Tried to register but all dates were filled. They told me registration was closed for the year but was reopening again after the first of the year. To my surprise, they contacted me in late January 2022 to let me know registration was open again. I managed to get an early April date at Biltmore. I've watched a few YouTube videos for the Asheville event. They got us psyched. We're looking forward to it.

I must say I was completely shocked to hear from them to let me know the registration was open again. Completely unexpected. I thought for sure I was out of luck. Ford followed up. Kudos to them.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
What day exactly are you going to Asheville? I'm scheduled to be there on April 5th. Are you driving there or flying in? I plan on driving down and catching the tail of the dragon on the way back, it's only 90 miles west of Asheville, go up thru Knoxville and catch 75 to Cincinasti then 71 back to Cleveland. Yeah I'm your neighbor, I'm in North Olmsted.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
You guys will enjoy yourself at the ST experience.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
We are scheduled for the April 18th and 19th in Asheville.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Well tomorrow is the day. I plan on leaving around 7am. The welcome dinner is tomorrow evening, and driving day is Wednesday.

Rescueandheal

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
We registered early this year and heading to Ashville in May

Reactions
Went to Park City last year. Had a blast. Definitely recommended. Left the wife at home and brought a buddy who is a 'car guy'. Lots of bourbon, catching up and just a blast. The instructor said "Listen, it's not your tires, your brakes or your transmission. So drive it HARD". Good times

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I went by myself, and it was a blast. Actually got first place in the autocross event. I was the only one to drive the course in under 30 seconds. But I will say as fun as it was, driving the tail of the dragon on my way home was far more exciting than any part of the ST experience.

Here is the trophy when you win the autocross

20220408_131726.jpg

And of course the time sheet

20220406_135512.jpg 20220407_080055.jpg 20220407_080106.jpg 20220406_073819.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Congrats!!!! My best run came when their timer wasn’t working. :mad:

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
On my third practice run I did a 29.5, but on the timed run I only managed a 29.7