Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ST brake/gas pedals

Reactions
Hey all, possibly already posted but can someone please explain the trick to getting the brake pedal cover on...pics attached.
I got the gas pedal cover on with no issues but the brake one just doesn't fit. Do you have to remove the original pedal cover to get this one on?
Tks in advance.

Attachments

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
There seems to be two methods:

1, Brute force

2, Remove the original rubber doodad.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
There seems to be two methods:

1, Brute force

2, Remove the original rubber doodad.
Ahh ok brute force didn't work so I'll try removing the original. Do you know where the screw(s) are to remove the original cover by chance?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes you have to remove the original. There are no screws…it just snaps on. The new one will make sense after you remove the old one.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Yes you have to remove the original. There are no screws…it just snaps on. The new one will make sense after you remove the old one.
Awesome thanks a lot. I'll go give er a try now.
Cheers.

Ky8530

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This is a great diy mod but you have to remove the rubber brake pedal 1st

Les

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
New to this site but I have made this update and you do need to remove the original brake pedal pad as stated above.

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue
Try heating it up with a heat gun or hair dryer first. It will make it a bit flexible for you.
Same trick to install the new one…

Jtur40

Reactions
I probably missed this but where did you find the peddles.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hey all, possibly already posted but can someone please explain the trick to getting the brake pedal cover on...pics attached.
I got the gas pedal cover on with no issues but the brake one just doesn't fit. Do you have to remove the original pedal cover to get this one on?
Tks in advance.
Looks nice! Did you get it put on? What are your thoughts overall? Would you buy it again? Slippery or better than OEM?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Looks nice! Did you get it put on? What are your thoughts overall? Would you buy it again? Slippery or better than OEM?
The rubber sticks through and they are not slippery at all. Need to heat the brake pedal up to get it on easier.

I just went through the ST Experience in Ashville, NC where we were hitting the gas and slamming on the brakes...no problems and they look great!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
The rubber sticks through and they are not slippery at all. Need to heat the brake pedal up to get it on easier.

I just went through the ST Experience in Ashville, NC where we were hitting the gas and slamming on the brakes...no problems and they look great!
Nice! thanks!

MIB

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The brake pedal cover was a bear to put on. No real instructions so let me tell you, either warm it with a hair dryer or pour water on it so the rubber will go over the metal smoother. Also, I recommend putting the right side on first and pulling towards the left. I also used my reverse camera to see the back to make sure that it was securely fastened.

Attachments