Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sport mode

Reactions
I have about 80 miles on my ST. I had it in sport mode and I ran it up to 5000 rpms and it hung there when I let off the gas. Probably not good during the break in period. Should I or do I have the ability to upshift with the paddle shifter at that point... So that it doesn't stay pegged at 5000 rpms? I guess I don't like how it keeps it pegged at those high rpms when you let off the gas. I get the function of it being sport mode and holding the rpms for the next shift but sometimes you want to get on it and then be able to back off. I just guess I expected the rpms to come down and not stay pegged. There is no quick way to bring it out of sport mode. Anyone else have thoughts or had this issue? It obviously becomes less of an issue I think once it is broken in.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions
I have about 80 miles on my ST. I had it in sport mode and I ran it up to 5000 rpms and it hung there when I let off the gas. Probably not good during the break in period. Should I or do I have the ability to upshift with the paddle shifter at that point... So that it doesn't stay pegged at 5000 rpms? I guess I don't like how it keeps it pegged at those high rpms when you let off the gas. I get the function of it being sport mode and holding the rpms for the next shift but sometimes you want to get on it and then be able to back off. I just guess I expected the rpms to come down and jitnstay pegged. There is no quick way to bring it out of sport mode. Anyone else have thoughts or had this issue? It obviously becomes less of an issue I think once it is broken in.

Thanks!
Yes, you can paddle shift up if you want.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
J
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yes, you can paddle shift up if you want.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Thanks! I was hoping that this was the case and was going to try it next time I was out driving, but glad to hear it is an option.

Reactions
Sport mode is meant to be sporty, if you do not want the ST to be so responsive, just switch to another mode like Normal or Eco. :cool: Sorry, couldn't resist. Cheers.

OP
J
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Hey ... Thanks There is always one in the crowd. I figured there would be a lot more. So far so good with this forum. Lol.

Reactions
Yeah, with my ST, I would Not do this during he drive in period, but that's just me.