Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Speedo won't center when turning off lane assist

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Not sure if it's a fault or if I'm missing a few synapses
Push the button on the stalk. Display tells me the lane assist doodad is off, but nothing changes.

Reactions
it's been a while since I've used it, but pretty sure you need to make sure cruise control is off too, it's not only with lane assist

Reactions
I thought you had to turn assist off in the settings. The button on the stalk is lane assist and the menu is lane guidance

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I faffed about with it this morning & got the speedo to center itself. So now I know it's me, not the vehicle...

and then I forget exactly what I did & couldn't replicate it 30 minutes later.

hbalek

Reactions
This vehicle has many known electronic gremlins where things behave differently intermittently and then correct themselves. An error occurs several times for a period then never again for a long time if ever. I have too many of these to mention here but they have all been discussed here before. I noticed this before on mine but I want all the driver assist features turned on. I tried to mess with settings for a while and couldn't get the speedo to center like it was when I bought it over 2 years ago. Welcome to the club!

Finster03

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I was having this problem too. I just bought my ST a little over a week ago and it bothered me that my Dad's ST speedometer always centers, but mine seemed stuck left. I played with the settings today until I found the combination. With the engine running, go into Driver Assistance Settings. Go to Pre-Collision Assist and then turn off Distance indication. It will only stay centered until I turn cruise control on, but so long as cruise is off, speedometer is centered with Distance indication off. I'll play with it more tomorrow, but it has worked for me so far.

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Bingo!! Sorted :)