Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Special Order Lead Time

RLW

Reactions
For those of you who special ordered your ST, what has been your experience for delivery time, deposit to dealer delivery? Please include your dealer’s location and when you took delivery. TIA.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Wish I had something for you. Ordered mine mid December, is scheduled to be built in March. I have some doubts when I read about the Chip Shortage situation.

Reactions
For those of you who special ordered your ST, what has been your experience for delivery time, deposit to dealer delivery? Please include your dealer’s location and when you took delivery. TIA.
We special ordered ours January 4th from a small dealership in Morton Wa, we did not put down a deposit for two reasons, one my buddy has used the dealership for years and two is I'm also buying the new big bronco ( my Avatar ) from them as well. We should see our new Explorer in 2nd week of march.

OP
R

RLW

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
We special ordered ours January 4th from a small dealership in Morton Wa, we did not put down a deposit for two reasons, one my buddy has used the dealership for years and two is I'm also buying the new big bronco ( my Avatar ) from them as well. We should see our new Explorer in 2nd week of march.
That’s in the 8-10 week timeframe I was given. I just ordered mine last week, and was told to expect the VIN two weeks from then. Did you guys get the VIN ahead of delivery and track the build/shipping?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
That’s in the 8-10 week timeframe I was given. I just ordered mine last week, and was told to expect the VIN two weeks from then. Did you guys get the VIN ahead of delivery and track the build/shipping?

We got our vin January 28th so a little over two weeks , and yes we are now able to track the build.

Reactions
6 months. But I ordered it January 2020 and then the ‘rona hit.

OP
R

RLW

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
That must’ve been tough waiting...did you think about buying something off the lot?

Reactions
Not sure this fits here. We were going to wait until after our 16yr old got his license and pass our 2013 Explorer onto him. Things changed a little (mother-in-law moved in, we don't want her driving so she gave her 2019
rav4 to our son) My wife wanted the new blue (forget the actual name) however, we were out to dinner and saw the carbonite grey metallic and loved it. We found a 2021 online at the dealer near us so off we went. Young man came outside and we told him what we wanted. He came back and said they don't have any 2021's yet. With a sunken heart we headed back to our car. He came running after us and said there were 2 on the truck and hadn't been taken off yet. Imagine that, guess it was meant to be. It was the color we wanted and the upgrades we wanted as well. Sorry for the long windedness.

OP
R

RLW

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Nice outcome! What features did you get? My carbonized gray is on order!

Reactions

Not sure you have this link , but when you do get your vin number here is were you need to go to follow your build.
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

OP
R

RLW

Reactions
Thread Starter #11
I did not have this...THANKS!

Reactions
That must’ve been tough waiting...did you think about buying something off the lot?

No. I wanted it the way I wanted it and I wasn’t willing to pay several thousand more for options I didn’t want.

Reactions
Nice outcome! What features did you get? My carbonized gray is on order!
Yeah it was meant to be.. had everything we wanted. Twin panel moonroof, premium tech package, high performance pack, has so many included features not really a lot of add ons

Was disappointed with the small center console area between the 2nd row. Covered storage would have bee nice. The window screens were a surprise too, nice feature

OP
R

RLW

Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Ordered Feb 11. Got my VIN today (Mar 23) and tracking predicts the eta at the dealer is June 21. Ugh! Hope they beat that!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Mine arrived 3 months to the week of my order. I ordered in mid December.

OP
R

RLW

Reactions
Thread Starter #16
Mine arrived 3 months to the week of my order. I ordered in mid December.
Did you follow your build online? If so, was their eta accurate? TIA...

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I put one together online and then went to the dealer and put the build sheet in front of him. At that time he told me I missed the February build deadline by a week. He was right.

Reactions
Yeah it was meant to be.. had everything we wanted. Twin panel moonroof, premium tech package, high performance pack, has so many included features not really a lot of add ons

Was disappointed with the small center console area between the 2nd row. Covered storage would have bee nice. The window screens were a surprise too, nice feature
Placed an order today for the exact build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Ordered 4/12/21, just went into production earlier this week.
401A, tech package, street pack, moonroof, and 2nd row bench seats made it a special order.

Reactions
Ordered 4/12/21, just went into production earlier this week.
401A, tech package, street pack, moonroof, and 2nd row bench seats made it a special order.
Just got production date of 9/8/21 and estimated dealer delivery date of 10/5/21!