Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Speakers used with phone

Odie130

Reactions
Which speaker(s) is/are used while on the phone? F150 was basically surround. I noticed on the Explorer it only comes out of the speaker by the driver side door handle. Is this normal?
Also troubleshooting a bit due to my passenger door speaker making an awful noise when I am streaming music/talk on phone and I turn on blinker/hazards.

Reactions
Which speaker(s) is/are used while on the phone? F150 was basically surround. I noticed on the Explorer it only comes out of the speaker by the driver side door handle. Is this normal?
Also troubleshooting a bit due to my passenger door speaker making an awful noise when I am streaming music/talk on phone and I turn on blinker/hazards.
There is a setting under Audio to change it to surround. You are basically having Stereo which is what is default.

Reactions
Good to know when ours shows up, thank you.

OP
O

Odie130

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Yeah that's not the issue. I am aware of this setting. This is an actual loud static coming out of the right door speakers (all 3). This lessens the actual sound so when I am driving, sound seems to come out of driver door only. Test call with wife and verified right door speakers work, it's just extremely low.
And as stated prior, any bluetooth-ed audio and use of blinkers causes extreme static on the right door speakers. Just wondering if anyone had this happen.

Reactions
Yeah that's not the issue. I am aware of this setting. This is an actual loud static coming out of the right door speakers (all 3). This lessens the actual sound so when I am driving, sound seems to come out of driver door only. Test call with wife and verified right door speakers work, it's just extremely low.
And as stated prior, any bluetooth-ed audio and use of blinkers causes extreme static on the right door speakers. Just wondering if anyone had this happen.
This should Not be happening, if you already have the latest sync update, have the dealer check it out.

Reactions
Did you get this resolved? Mine is doing this as well and the dealer twice said they can’t duplicate the issue (even though during a ride along they admitted it was doing it).