Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Speakers Not Working

TexaST

Reactions
This evening, most of the speakers in my ST stopped working. Now, the chimes and warning sounds are muffled and you can hardly hear anyone when talking through bluetooth. It seems like only the top door speakers work (maybe the middle speaker in the dash too) but nothing else. Has anyone ever experienced this? I'm wondering if it's a short or blown fuse. Thanks in advance!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Try a SYNC reset?

OP
T

TexaST

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
GearHead, I started it up this morning and all of the speakers were working again. I did the Sync update OTA last week and am not sure if that had anything to do with it. If it happens again and doesn't resolve itself, I'm definitely going to try a SYNC reset. Thanks for the suggestion.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
You can do a soft reset holding the power button and the track forward button for about 10 seconds. As I remember this still holds your contacts and other data.

I really should say at one time you could do this. It's been a long time since I've tried.

DHollis

Reactions
Just had this happen. No radio, no map voice and could not go to Audio on screen. chimes about 4 times. Turned car off n on a couple of times. It finally reset and works. Taking to dealer asap. 2020 ST 34,000 miles.

hbalek

Reactions
Just had this happen. No radio, no map voice and could not go to Audio on screen. chimes about 4 times. Turned car off n on a couple of times. It finally reset and works. Taking to dealer asap. 2020 ST 34,000 miles.
Are you on the latest version of Sync 3.4 21194? Software updates fixed some of these problems in the past.

DHollis

Reactions
Yes I am on that version. Thanks

Bgrdnr

Reactions
did the dealer reflash the Sync to fix it? Mine is doing the same and need to schedule an appointment

DHollis

Reactions
Dealer said no see it….no fix it.