Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Spacer width

jrhz06

Reactions
Stock 21” wheels and tires. Seems everyone that’s putting on spacers goes 1.25” front and back. Front is wider from factory by .25” so why not do 1” front and 1.25” back? That would square up wheels and be more flush with fenders.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
because then you need to cut your studs. if you want to square up the stance, then do 1.25" front, 1.5" back

OP
J

jrhz06

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
because then you need to cut your studs. if you want to square up the stance, then do 1.25" front, 1.5" back
I was hoping the extra stud length would fit into the machined out spaces between the lug mounting areas. Not deep enough I’m guessing.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I was hoping the extra stud length would fit into the machined out spaces between the lug mounting areas. Not deep enough I’m guessing.
I’ve never personally ran them but I’ve wondered the same thing. You could easily put something like Playdough in those voids then bolt a wheel up to see what happens. The intention the oem stud leaves will tell you everything you need to know.