Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Spacer Help

Reactions
Does anyone have a link to spacers that they have purchased to assist with the fit of the wheels and tires. Pretty sure i am going to run into an issue when all is delivered. Purchased 22x11 73.6 bore wheels and 305/40/22 tires which are yet to be delivered. Wheel offset is 40mm, thinking I need 8 mm spacers with the 70.6 bore size. I already purchased the bore rings to ensure hub centric fit. Any advice would be appreciated.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Good luck on the front. Strut clearance will be almost nonexistent depending on what tire size you run.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Is my issue going to be tire size, wheel width or offset out of curiosity. If I switch to 305/35/22 am I still gonna run into a run width or offset issue? Appreciate the luck lol.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
A 22x10.5 at +30 has about 5/8” between the strut and wheel. To tuck an 11” wheel you’re virtually out of clearance. Any tire bulge at all and contact is all but guaranteed.
The 11” +40 wheel is 7.6” backspace.
The 10.5 +30 wheel is 6.9” backspace.
An 8mm spacer will get you some strut clearance but may push the wheel out past the fender.

Last edited:
OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Awesome, I appreciate the assistance.