Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Sounds like it's haunted!!!

Reactions
Does anyone else's St or plain Explorer sound as if it is haunted?? I'm serious, my truck makes all these crazy sounds all over the truck. Sometimes it sounds like the rear passenger windows are gonna blow out. Other times it as if there's a loose piece of paper along the driver's seat or behind it. Then there's all the pump and solenoid noises this thing makes even when it's off. I get some of those, but the window sounds and loose paper sounds are getting a little creepy!!! Anyone else experienced this or have any clue what tha heck is going on here???

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Is this with or without the kids in back? ;)

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Is this with or without the kids in back? ;)
Hahahaha...... I wish it was the kids or the dog. I could at least pull the old school reaching into the back seat and violently take random swats behind me. Hahahahaha

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
We must have had the same fathers. I used to always sit behind my Dad, made his attempts to whack me much more difficult!

Reactions
I don't remember if it was on here or explorerforum.com that I read someone having a paper flutter noise and it ended up being the covers under the vehicle (don't know the official name) being loose, a quick tighten of some screws fixed that for them. Something to check out. For having double seals on the doors there is a lot more wind noise than I thought there would be, that's for sure.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I don't remember if it was on here or explorerforum.com that I read someone having a paper flutter noise and it ended up being the covers under the vehicle (don't know the official name) being loose, a quick tighten of some screws fixed that for them. Something to check out. For having double seals on the doors there is a lot more wind noise than I thought there would be, that's for sure.
Thank you about the paper flutter info. That's pretty much one of the sounds, but I hear it even when stationary. The other sounds like glass right before it shatters, that eerie creaking sound like the windows are going to blow out. It's kinda crazy.

Reactions
Yes, it sounds like broken glass in the back seat doors every day. No idea what it is