Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Side Wind Stabilization

Jarvis

Reactions
Does anyone know how this works and if they have actually felt this on their drive?

Reactions
It's windy here in MN today gust up to 40 mph I will see how good it works on the drive home,lots of empty fields/farmland. I will update later

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Was quite blustery here in coastal GA the other day. The ST was getting hit with a diagonal 40+ MPH side wind Gusts. I never had to make any corrections the ST did it for me. Felt kind of weird until I realized what was going on...

Reactions
Was quite blustery here in coastal GA the other day. The ST was getting hit with a diagonal 40+ MPH side wind Gusts. I never had to make any corrections the ST did it for me. Felt kind of weird until I realized what was going on...
Were you on some sort of lane-centering cruise control or just driving normally? Just wondering if it can activate anytime

Reactions
I just had the lane keeping on and it self corrected with the gusts of wind as I drove along. It did a good job the cars in front were get pushed pretty good to the right my vehicle stay right where it belonged with minimal drive input.

OP
J

Jarvis

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Real world proof, terrific! Did some research and this tech was first on Ford transit vans, with MBenz seemingly the only other manufacturer having it as well. Apart from mother nature, I'll pay attention to when semi trucks pass alongside and see how this system works.

Reactions
Today on my way to work I hit a gust of wind that came through a gap in the tree line that started to push the vehicle to the left and before I even tried to move the steering wheel it compensated for the drift and kept my vehicle in my lane. The truck about 200 yards behind me got pushed partly into the next lane. Love this vehicle more everyday!