Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Shout out to ZFG and CV Fab

SippiST999

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hi guys - ran through the multitude of posts here at explorerst and also many vids on YouTube deciding which tuner to go with. I went with Adam and his DMS tune. I also decided on CV Fab and their black intercooler. First off the install of the intercooler was easy peasy, just needed a little help getting the front bumper off with no scratches. I loaded up the baseline tune Adam sent me and shot some data-logs back to him, much to my surprise that Saturday he’d sent me a new tune with instructions on the logs he needed. I got those done for him and by Sunday afternoon I had my dialed in tune back to me. The Explorer absolutely scorches now and it is a blast to drive. The shifting is perfect and the vehicle feels even more solid. Very impressed customer here and very grateful. Thanks Adam!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Which drive mode selections did you make? I’m probably gonna get his regular single tune, but I’m unsure about Daily Driver vs. Performance

OP
S

SippiST999

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Daily Driver is Normal Mode
Performance is Eco Mode (because who uses that) haha
Race is Sport Mode

I’ll say Daily Driver moves the vehicle quickly, shifts are perfect for exactly what it is, a daily driver. The Race file will snap your head back on a brake boost launch. I’m VERY happy with the DMS tunes. Go for it!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Would you say the Daily Driver is enough of a performance boost from the factory tune to be worth it? I’m very much looking to tune because of the terribly rough Ford shifting (and I have the Ford Performance tune, which seemed a little better but still rough). I’m happy enough with the power anyway.
Just trying to get a feel for whether the DD is noticeable “enough” as an improvement over factory. And how aggressive is the performance?

definitely appreciate your info

Reactions
Would you say the Daily Driver is enough of a performance boost from the factory tune to be worth it? I’m very much looking to tune because of the terribly rough Ford shifting (and I have the Ford Performance tune, which seemed a little better but still rough). I’m happy enough with the power anyway.
Just trying to get a feel for whether the DD is noticeable “enough” as an improvement over factory. And how aggressive is the performance?

definitely appreciate your info
Performance is very close to a race tune, while the daily driver is closer to stock. If it were me, I'd go with the performance tune. You don't have to push the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor, but if you do you might as well throw your head back in the seat a little bit.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Performance is very close to a race tune, while the daily driver is closer to stock. If it were me, I'd go with the performance tune. You don't have to push the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor, but if you do you might as well throw your head back in the seat a little bit.
Is the performance mode rough at all, in terms of shifting? I need something smooth because I granny this thing 90% of the time, but I also want to lay down on it when the chance arises. If I wasn’t such a cheap ass I’d get the DMS but right now I’m feeling poor

Reactions
Been ZFG tuned for over a year now and love it... need to upgrade to the DMS. Adam is great to work with!

Reactions
Is the performance mode rough at all, in terms of shifting? I need something smooth because I granny this thing 90% of the time, but I also want to lay down on it when the chance arises. If I wasn’t such a cheap ass I’d get the DMS but right now I’m feeling poor
I only used it long enough to get a 1/4 mile time, then it was back to race mode 100% of time.

Pretty sure that no matter which tune you go with, you can always reach out to Adam to have him adjust stuff like that for you tho.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My 93 DMS stage 1 kit from ZFG should arrive tomorrow. Still have time to decide, but not sure about the drive mode assignments myself. I bought this thing for its performance in the 1st place, so probably should follow the advice in this thread and make performance the default.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My 93 DMS stage 1 kit from ZFG should arrive tomorrow. Still have time to decide, but not sure about the drive mode assignments myself. I bought this thing for its performance in the 1st place, so probably should follow the advice in this thread and make performance the default.
maybe this?

normal = performance
Eco = daily driver
Sport = race

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
maybe this?

normal = performance
Eco = daily driver
Sport = race
That's what I'm thinking. Then tow in tow and stock+ elsewhere. I do actually use eco when driving around town with the Mrs and her sensitive neck. As long as the dialed back throttle response stays intact, I should be able to avoid her questioning my driving to much.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I set mine up like this:
Tow: tow
Normal: Performance
Sport: Race
Ecco: Daily Driver
In Sport mode (race) the tune knocked over a second of my 0-60 time according to Draggy! 5.84s to 4.47s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

STHaG

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
What kind of HP gains are we talking with intercooler upgrade and tune? Real world stuff?

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
I set mine up like this:
Tow: tow
Normal: Performance
Sport: Race
Ecco: Daily Driver
In Sport mode (race) the tune knocked over a second of my 0-60 time according to Draggy! 5.84s to 4.47s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Killer!!! This is what I was thinking exactly! Now excuse my ignorance here but is there a way to get the sport dash on other modes? I hate the normal and eco mode dash set up. If I have performance in normal it world be nice to have a better dash set up..

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Killer!!! This is what I was thinking exactly! Now excuse my ignorance here but is there a way to get the sport dash on other modes? I hate the normal and eco mode dash set up. If I have performance in normal it world be nice to have a better dash set up..
I'm not sure if you can change this or not. I haven't read anything about it on here. Try posting it as a new thread and see what others say.