Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Security Vault Options other than console? (Firearm)

Kingcor

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Has anyone seen any other security vault type options other than the console vault? Tuffy products makes a very nice underseat option but they state it won’t work with the ST models. Ideally I would want it accessible in the front or rear passenger area and was really hoping for an under seat option so I don’t lose my console space.

The rear cargo area would be another intriguing section for a locking vault option, for larger items like a rifle or ammunition i havnt seen anything like this being made. I know they make some of larger products that take up a lot of space in the rear, but nothing that seamless blends in.

mezalu

Reactions
Any update on this? I was also interested in the under seat lock box but was disappointed to find out it wouldn’t work on the ST. Some reviewers on Amazon claim it’s not deep enough to hold a Glock with a holster anyways so it may not have been a good option to begin with.

I imagine there’s a lot of trunk options available considering the Explorer platform is used by police all over North America but I haven’t dug into it. Regardless, I’d rather keep my sidearm up front and close to me. The center console seems like the only logical option but I too don’t want to give that up.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I seen a company that makes a hollow headrest that locks. I didn’t look into it too much but it looked very interesting. Only downside maybe someone taking the entire headrest? Or maybe they have a lock for it?