Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Seat memory while driving

DC_

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Is there any way to remove the little nanny that prevents you from selecting a memory position while driving. i learned the memory doesnt know by the fob you use to open the car. And I don’t notice until I get in the car that my wife moved the seat. And then I have to wait to come to a full stop to use it.

does that forescan software have the ability to turn this off?

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
No, it doesn’t turn off. However, my 2021 can be set per key fob. You must set it per the owners manual procedure.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Is there any way to remove the little nanny that prevents you from selecting a memory position while driving. i learned the memory doesnt know by the fob you use to open the car. And I don’t notice until I get in the car that my wife moved the seat. And then I have to wait to come to a full stop to use it.

does that forescan software have the ability to turn this off?
You can program a fob to a certain setting and it's called MyKey.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
When your key fob is programmed the seat will move to your position when you touch the door handle to unlock it. But that is not part of MyKey. MyKey is a separate feature to limit certain selected operations of the vehicle.

Linking a PreSet Position to your
Remote Control
Your vehicle can save the preset memory
positions for up to three remote controls.
1. With the ignition on, move the memory
features to the preferred positions.
2. Press and hold the preferred preset
button for about five seconds. A tone
sounds after about two seconds.
Continue holding until you hear a
second tone.
3. Within three seconds, press the lock
button on the remote control you are
linking.