Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

SCT X4 Tuning!

Reactions
We know how it works @Ford Guy . You're not understanding. You have installed a loud exhaust. The only possibility of a valve managed system would be to route the exhaust to a quieter system. You don't have a quieter pathway. Unless routing the exhaust through a single side would somehow acoustically quiet the racket.
I'm going to try and go back to the Borla mid resonator and see how that goes. I'll do that when I get the flex couplings put on to save time and money.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Or, you could go back to the stock resonator (I assume it still fits?) But, try the Borla first, if it's still too loud....

Reactions
nice yea i was gonna try the SCT but I keep reading about ZFG lol Im trying to make the best choice here let me know what you think!!!!
I’m taking mine to JDM but for SCT tune. Waiting for mine to be out of the dealer shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi I’m planning to install SCT X4 tune on my 2021 ST from JDM Engineering out of NJ. Any feedback would be appreciated? Any pros and cons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good afternoon,

I live in FL, and I have JDM's tune from an SCT Device.

Back in 2002, I was living in Jersey and JDM did some great tuning and other nice work on my 2001 SVT Lightning.

Otherwise stock, my best 0-60 for my Explorer ST is 4.69 seconds. I'm satisfied with this, at the moment.....;-)

Attachments

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
You can still do this if you have the borla. If the DPs you got aren’t catted, cats may help. You can run cutouts after the cats but keep the borla exhaust. Then hit the button for the exhaust to be loud. The way that modification was intended