Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Said I would never have a white vehicle

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
But this one changed my mine. Went from black 2017 XLT to this white 2020 ST. Attachmen.jpg Attachmen.jpg

Reactions
I was tempted to make the change from black to white also, because that looks awesome. I ended up with black, but congrats on your choice!

kwork417

Reactions
I'm on the fence. Had a silver car for 18 years. It hides dirt well so if your not right on it, you don't know how dirty it is. LOVE the look of a clean black car but just don't know if I'm the guy to have one. White looks great when it's clean. How does it hold up between washes?
Looking to buy in the next month or so.

Reactions
I have the trifecta of white. White TL type S, White F150 and now white ST. Less visible swirl marks red Carolina mud shows up but typical road dust and dirt doesn't seem to show up on any of them to badly

TriSum

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I'm on the fence. Had a silver car for 18 years. It hides dirt well so if your not right on it, you don't know how dirty it is. LOVE the look of a clean black car but just don't know if I'm the guy to have one. White looks great when it's clean. How does it hold up between washes?
I would say silver and white are very similar, maybe giving a slight edge to silver for hiding the dirt.

You know the saying, "the best looking black car is the other guy's black car". I'm way too anal to own another black vehicle, they look awesome when clean, but take so much work to keep it that way.

Reactions
I like white cars, have had quite a few. I wanted white in the ST and the wife talked me into red, which I'm happy with but wish it was more of a fire engine red than a burgundy tone.

Reactions
I seem to alternate between blue and white. 93 Explorer was blue, '05 was white, '14 was white, '20 ST is blue. White sure needed more frequent washes but didn't seem as hot after being parked in the summer sun. I have seen white, red and silver ST models on the road. All look good.

Reactions
My wife normally hates white vehicles but she is fine with the Star White due to all of the metallic flake and pop. Funny how that was what made it OK!

Reactions
The metallic white has really done well at hiding a lot of road debris in my view. I barely notice all of the salt all over mine at the moment, for example. A real dark grime will show, but I find that to be few and far between.