Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

RWD Explorer Oversteer

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If I had not already bought my '20, I would be on this in a second. I live in TN and truly have no need for AWD. A 2-300 lb weight savings on the front-end would be fine. I would probably think about a LSD rear diff though. Anyone with access to a Ford parts catalog determine whether there is a LSD variant available?

OP
K

kwork417

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
If I had not already bought my '20, I would be on this in a second. I live in TN and truly have no need for AWD. A 2-300 lb weight savings on the front-end would be fine. I would probably think about a LSD rear diff though. Anyone with access to a Ford parts catalog determine whether there is a LSD variant available?
The only reason I'm sticking with my plan to buy an AWD over the RWD is wet/slick boat ramps. I don't want to be that guy getting laughed at as I spin my tires up the hill.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Nice to see Ford offering the option. I may have gone this route;why not have an Explorer that can do burnouts! Although, I have Pirelli Scorpions, so I'm sure after a tune and more, 4 wheel burnouts aren't out of the question!