Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Running Boards

Reactions
Has anyone added running boards to their ST? If so, how do they look? I am looking for something both functional but also very much in line with the sporty appearance of the vehicle.

It just so happens that some of the streets around me have a very hi grade and then drop off. I’ve never noticed this before until yesterday, but apparently I may have bottomed out on one particular street and never heard or felt anything.

There is a plastic flashing that runs from the front wheels to the rear where it looks like you would attach a running board. Just on the other side of that is a very thin metal frame. Both the plastic and the metal got pretty smashed on both sides of my car in the exact same spot.

This is probably just cosmetic but it pisses me off that this SUV doesn’t have the clearance for some of these streets.

I imagine running boards would take a hit too but the steel would take a much better beating then this cheap flimsy plastic and metal underneath the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk