Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Run Flat Tires

Reactions
Well I learned something new today. About two months ago I noticed that the tire pressure in my right rear was low by about 2 lbs than the other tires. So I filled it up and accidentally added two more pounds of pressure than my other tires. Not knowing if there was a leak I just left it. Fast forward two months and I’m once again 2 lbs less than the other tires. So I brought her in today for n oil change and had them check the tire. Well I’ve been driving around for about 3 months with a nail in the tire. Apparently these are run flat tires which means a foam expands when the tire is punctured preventing it from rapidly deflating . It still leaks but it’s extremely slow. Only issue is the tire needs to be replaced once this happens, at least that’s what the dealership told me. Luckily I got the additional warranty on the wheels and tires at purchase time because each tire is 400 bucks plus install. They’re not cheap by any mean but it didn’t cost me a dime. So I thought that was pretty cool because I would’ve never known had I not got a nail.

Reactions
Shouldn't have pay $400 for that tire from a dealer.

I would like this capability also but can't find that tire in a 275/45-21 from either the Tire Rack website or the Michelin website. It looks like they're only available in the 255/55-20 size. Could you tell me where you got those tires that fit the ST with the Street Pack wheels?

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Johnnyo4273
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Shouldn't have pay $400 for that tire from a dealer.

I would like this capability also but can't find that tire in a 275/45-21 from either the Tire Rack website or the Michelin website. It looks like they're only available in the 255/55-20 size. Could you tell me where you got those tires that fit the ST with the Street Pack wheels?
I didn’t pay anything as it was covered under my wheel and tire warranty. Although my Explorer didn’t come with Michelin tires. I have Pirelli Scorpion all seasons. I think these are a little more.

Reactions
... wheel and tire warranty....? where is that? in the glove-box with the manual?

PJ

OP
Johnnyo4273
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
... wheel and tire warranty....? where is that? in the glove-box with the manual?

PJ
Hahaha. It was offered at buy time when we were doing the paperwork. The wife insisted on getting. Pretty happy we did because I’d be pissed if I had to buy a new tire any time I got a nail in it.

Reactions
Tire-Rack has them for under $300 ea. Looks like PNCS takes them to $329.