Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

"Rooting" Sync system?

Reactions
Does anyone know if anyone has messed with "rooting" or accessing the actual hardware that sync runs on? TBT this is the first car I've owned with an actual infotainment system (Im 33 and this is only the 4th car I've owned).

I am casually into various .SECs and am just curious of some of the more hardcore Ford guys have seen or heard about anything like this on other forums.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Does anyone know if anyone has messed with "rooting" or accessing the actual hardware that sync runs on? TBT this is the first car I've owned with an actual infotainment system (Im 33 and this is only the 4th car I've owned).

I am casually into various .SECs and am just curious of some of the more hardcore Ford guys have seen or heard about anything like this on other forums.

I'd say the closest thing to rooting on these Fords is Forscan. With regular updates being sent down to the infotainment system, not sure if it'll be feasible.

I miss my old 2013 Ford Focus ST, with the Video & L/R Audio input connections. I was playing Playstation on that center console. Ah, the good ol' days. Now you can only hook up Apple/Android Carplay & get half the center console screen. Lame

Reactions
I found a thread on XDA forums about this topic, seems like it was headed in the right direction and then the OP asked to have it closed. I wonder if Ford sent a nice letter informing him of something.....

KegsBdry

Reactions
I found a thread on XDA forums about this topic, seems like it was headed in the right direction and then the OP asked to have it closed. I wonder if Ford sent a nice letter informing him of something.....
You may be right. The infotainment system interfaces with everything in the vehicle. There's no way Ford would let outside sources meddle in their tech.