Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Response delay when smashing the accelerator.

Reactions
I apologize if this has been discussed. Searched and didn't find an answer.... 2021 ST. Occasionally when I smash the acceletor pedal down either coming out of a turn, or from a stop, the engine takes a sec or two to respond. It does it with the stock config and also with 92 perf tuning. (5 Star) It's annoying AH.

Does anyone have this same issue? Is this common in turbo engines? Thanks in advance.

Reactions
not just you, I've had the same thing happen several times. Not sure on the cause but could be potentially hazardous.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
These issues are caused by the AdvanceTrac system. If steering is past the few degrees of allowed, then it limits throttle. If you want to poke it to the floor with steering not centered, turn it off and hang on!

OP
mkuluz
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I agree it could be dangerous...attempting to accelerate while making a turn in front of oncoming traffic. I'll give it a shot with the AdvanceTrac off and see what happens. Thanks for the reply

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I've had a couple cars and trucks where it would get a dead pedal for a bit. To me it always felt like torque management, limiting power to minimize chances of breaking the trans. Would definitely show up at the worst times like pulling out in front of somebody, wanting full power and getting a second or two of WTF. In fact, you could tune it out or limit it with a GM product and HPTuners.

Having said that, I have not felt any of that in my ST. In fact, a couple times I hit it from a stop making a right turn and was surprised it squealed all four tires. Definitely not a good idea to floor it while turning but I was not happy with the car in front of me.