Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Remote Features Disabled - almost daily notice

Reactions
Hi,

About every other day I get the “remote features disabled” notification in the Ford app even if I have driven the ST in the last 12 hours. I’ve checked the lights, they are on auto, looked at night to see if any internal light are on, nope. Maybe a weak battery?

Searched around and did not find much.

Anyone else had this issue? Thoughts?

Thanks.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer Platinum
Experienced the same issue on Tuesday morning. Is it a coincidence that FordPass has an update for Horn & Lights?
I tried the new function, Horn & Lights, Monday evening 3 times and Tuesday morning I have the 'remote features disabled' warning on FordPass.
I remember last year the app was causing battery issues.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I called Ford about the remote features disabled warning and they said that if I don't drive far and long enough to charge the battery then as a safety measure the app will be disconnected. I stopped worrying about it and maybe I'm driving further now because I haven't been getting it as much. Plus I updated the app. That might help.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
I called Ford about the remote features disabled warning and they said that if I don't drive far and long enough to charge the battery then as a safety measure the app will be disconnected. I stopped worrying about it and maybe I'm driving further now because I haven't been getting it as much. Plus I updated the app. That might help.
if your battery falls below 12.6 volts Ford pass app will send you a remote features disabled message.

hbalek

Reactions
if your battery falls below 12.6 volts Ford pass app will send you a remote features disabled message.
Mine needed a new battery at less than 1.5 years or 19,000 miles.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Mine needed a new battery at less than 1.5 years or 19,000 miles.
I have my original battery … my vehicle will be three years old in August I’ve never had any problems

hbalek

Reactions
I have my original battery … my vehicle will be three years old in August I’ve never had any problems
Lucky you! I have a 11/19 build with new fuel pump at 11,000 miles, new battery at 18,500, new clutch and back camera at 25,000 miles and new rear glass due to peeling defroster element. I have no mods and drive gently daily rarely going over 75 mph.

OP
Bryantbjb
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Thanks all for the feedback.