Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear passenger door disassemble

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Wasn't sure where to post this... my 25 year old son threw up IN my rear passenger door. yay me.

I was able to watch videos on how to remove door panel but cannot find any videos on how to remove the inside panel that holds the speaker and apparently window.

Does anyone have a source I can read or watch on the steps need to fully disassemble the entire door components? I really need to get inside the door to get ALL the fluids and debris he left me.

Dealers and car detailers have not been able to help yet... my local dealer cannot get me in until Jan 18th.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You sure vomit got in there? I cant see how it could possibly get past the inner door panel and then past the plastic cover to get inside the actual metal door. If its scant amounts of liquid you are worried about, leave the door panel off and run an ozone machine for about 30 min. As a father of two young kids, I can tell you an ozone machine is worth it to eliminate smells from spilled juices, vomit, mud, and unknowns.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
unfortunately i can see debris down in the window side.

looked on amazon for ozone machine,,, quite the price range. are the cheaper machine good to use?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This is the one I have. No problems with it.
AIRTHEREAL MA5000 Commercial Ozone Generator, 5000mg/h O3 Machine Home Air Ionizers Deodorizer for Rooms, Smoke, Cars and Pets, Blue https://a.co/d/gWADeix

Also, read up on ozone use. It can be hazardous.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
TY for the amazon link. will get here saturday.

The Crutchfield PDF helped as well... i forgot about just removing the speaker and reaching into the cavity to clean. I was able to get the door panel off by watching YT videos. Unfortunately all the videos and the Crutchfield PDF stop with just the outside panel removal. I haven't found any instructions on removing the inner black panel. When i did attempt to remove this section, the window is actually attached to this piece so i stopped.

Hopefully a little more debris cleaning and the ozone machine will stomp out the odor. Will find out come Summer...lol

Damn kids today... don't they know they are supposed to stick their entire head OUT of the window after rolling down the window?????!!! I failed as a dad... lol