Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear Ended

Reactions
This happened back in June, I figured I'd post the dashcam video and photos so you can see how our ST holds up with a minor rear end collision.
It's as expected, honestly. Nothing special. The trailer hitch took most of the hit so there was minor damage to the rest of the vehicle.

0% fault on my end, insurance paid for it. Although I was sort of beating myself up over the fact that I rolled forward slightly, anticipating the light to change. Most people do it, and it's never been an issue, but I have a feeling if I didn't roll forward, that guy probably wouldn't have rolled in to me. It's hard to see, but I zoomed in to the video on my phone and I can see that he's just staring at the pickup truck beside him who is proceeding through to turn left, I guess just assuming we're all moving.

The plastic moldings on the rear end were replaced, unpainted of course so no color match necessary.
The small painted strip between the moldings was fixed, painted and blended to match.
The dent on the rear hatch was pulled, smoothed out, painted and blended to match.
Trailer hitch was replaced.

All in, it was about $4500 CDN with paint, labor and sublet costs (parking sensor recalibration, reapplication of ceramic coating, etc).

I've dealt with the repair shop before that did the job. They do great work. They paint blend very well, you'd never know anything happened.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It doesn't take much to add up costs anymore. Luckily he wasn't going fast.