Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Rear Camera Washer/Jet

Reactions
It took me a while to notice this, like several months, but the rear camera washer doesn’t work at all. I’ve tried using the washer going in reverse going forward but nothing ever shoots out of the jet just below the rear camera.

Ironically it does work on the front camera.

I’ll just add this to my long list of issues for when I bring in the car for its first scheduled maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Just to confirm you are using the rear washer correct?

Reactions
It took me a while to notice this, like several months, but the rear camera washer doesn’t work at all. I’ve tried using the washer going in reverse going forward but nothing ever shoots out of the jet just below the rear camera.

Ironically it does work on the front camera.

I’ll just add this to my long list of issues for when I bring in the car for its first scheduled maintenance.

It works when you use the rear wiper/washer

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Tried that but it doesn’t work.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Tried that but it doesn’t work.

Make sure you keep the rear spray on for a bit to make sure there’s sufficient pressure in the line.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Got it. I had it running about 10 sec each time.

Epeccia

Reactions
Vehicle
22 explorer st
I’m having the same issue on my 22’. Thought maybe it was just due to being new car/ air in the line. Seems to be common issue.

Reactions
May need to be primed. Have some stick their finger over the hole to see if that will force the air out. Apologise in advance for the rear wiper washer soaking them. :eek:)

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m having the same issue on my 22’. Thought maybe it was just due to being new car/ air in the line. Seems to be common issue.
The camera washer has been deleted for 2022

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
The rear camera washer was not deleted. The front one was deleted beginning with 2021 models.

Reactions
20-21 models have rear washer, however at some point in 2022 they have made it no longer functional, for some odd reason they left the washer jet in place but it’s not hooked up to anything

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
I wonder what the title is for the guy at Ford whose job is to come up with things to delete (not shortage related stuff)? Camera washers, glove box/console lights, undercarriage splash shields, cup holder lights, structural sub-frame bolts, windshield wiper heaters, floor consoles, owner manual holders, front tow eyes, etc.

Reactions
20-21 models have rear washer, however at some point in 2022 they have made it no longer functional, for some odd reason they left the washer jet in place but it’s not hooked up to anything
Is it possible to just connect the rear wiper washer hose to the rear camera washer?

Reactions
Honestly, it’s probably because they have so many camera problems across all models right now, maybe they determined that soaking the camera with washer fluid was damaging the lenses or something who knows. There’s a recall out right now that affects super-duty’s where the display looks foggy but they haven’t come out with an updated camera yet

StarWhite22

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I have a 2022 and it has the rear camera washer. Build date was February.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
SSM 51225 2022 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility And 2023 Aviator - Rear Parking Aid Camera Washer Deletion 2022 Police Interceptor Utility (gas engine) and all 2022 Explorer vehicles built on or after 14-Jul-2022, 2022 Police Interceptor Utility (hybrid) vehicles built on or after 17-Aug-2022, 2023 Aviator (gas engine) vehicles built on or after 18-Jul-2022, and 2023 Aviator (hybrid) vehicles built on or after 27-Jul-2022 are not equipped with a rear parking aid camera wash feature. The feature was deleted; however, the rear parking aid camera washer jet may still be present without a hose attached to it. This is normal and no repair attempts should be made.

asob

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My 2022 model has the rear camera washer

asob

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yes it does. When in reverse, turn in the rear window washer and the fluid flows.