Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Random orbital sander for polishing?

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Can I use my random orbital for polishing as opposed to buying another tool? It has variable speed of 8000-12000rpm

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Can I use my random orbital for polishing as opposed to buying another tool? It has variable speed of 8000-12000rpm
You can but be very careful not to burn your paint at those speeds. If you know what you are doing it should not be an issue.

OP
P
Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I have no idea what im doing so i guess ill buy the right tool lol. Any suggestions for not breaking the bank

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have no idea what im doing so i guess ill buy the right tool lol. Any suggestions for not breaking the bank
Check out this kit from Chemical Guys. It has a 15% off coupon right now so that should help with the sticker shock. I started with something like this and works great. Watching a couple of Youtube vids helps also.

1681908085901.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M05F4U...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1