Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Question for E50-E70 guys

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Are you guys swapping injectors? Or do the stock injectors have protection (coating) for moisture content in the E?
Are you running any fuel conditioner for the rest of motor? I was not going to do anything to my ST (daily driver for work) but I raced a hot chick in a Ferrari no clue what it was it sounded crazy but it was slow. I won due to her not knowing how to drive but it would of been close either way. So now I want more power. I’m in California so 91oct or E85. If we had 93 I wouldn’t bother with E but 91oct I feel like I’m leaving to much power behind.

Reactions
E50 stock injectors here. Once you go E you won't ever want to go back.

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
E50 stock injectors here. Once you go E you won't ever want to go back.
Lol I hear that it’s like adding nitrous specially when I can only get 91oct. I’m just worried about the corrosion it causes.
A few years back my buddy showed me the inside of one of the race cars he built and it looked like it was at the bottom of the ocean for 10 years. So I made sure I used fuel conditioner and I already had injector dynamic injectors that have a coating to protect them from the moisture in E.
i guess I just don’t know enough about it and that was the first time my buddy even realized what it did. I don’t see many talking about it so maybe it’s unknown or takes a long time to do damage. Not sure but hoping someone knows about this stuff and will reply.

OP
R
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
There are a couple of different ethanol threads on here: Look at this thread, but look at this post:
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/e85-question.1352/post-15692
Well F me I been scared to death this whole time for nothing lol. Since it was a damn built race car motor my buddy showed me and not a stock motor it makes me feel even more confident in that engineers post. Looks like I can do the E tune after all with no worries other then using it up to fast.
funny but when I posted this yesterday I was hoping you would see it. Thanks for link and help again.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just to be clear, I cannot validate what the poster wrote in that post, but the SAE standard is valid. That being said, if you're going to run e85 for extended periods of time, there "could" be unanticipated problems. But I'm pretty sure e50 is fine.