Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Project When I get ST back...

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 Explorer ST - Agate Black
Bought it on 9/8. It got hit on the street on 9/12. I get it back from the shop on 10/3. Just bought a bunch of stuff to install once I get it back.

Windshield Tint - 70%
Window Tint - 20%
Heads, Tails & Fogs - ?
Borla S Type Catback
AFE CAI
Steeda Rear Diff Brace
CVFab Black Intercooler
Steeda Rear Sway Bar
Steeda Strut Tower Brace
UPR Dual Valve Catch Can
ProCal 4 Tuner
Black Badges
UPR Billet Drain Plug
McGard Locking Lug Nut Kit
Hood Struts
Jack Pads

9/8
1695326091549.png

9/12
1695326145962.png
1695326180093.png

Yesterday - at repair shop
Assuming they removed the tire so they wouldn't mess it up while working on it, but why is that broken tread there?
1695326256105.png

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
That’s the fender liner

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Progress as of today. Should be painted by EOW and ready to pick up by end of next week. Screenshot_20230925_174409_Chrome.jpg

Reactions
It would be a good time to install the intercooler and front emblem while disassembled.

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
It would be a good time to install the intercooler and front emblem while disassembled.
Already tried that. Insurance work. Shop won't let me. Will void the warranty on their work.

Reactions
Won't that warranty be voided when they are installed at a later date?

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Very possibly, but they will not install it either way.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
It's coming along sir, where are you in IL? I see so many explorers and surprising amount of ST's near me.

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Just south of Chicago. Near Orland Park.

Are you familiar with DynoTune MP (https://www.dynotunemp.com/) out of Hampshire? Thinking about going there to get some of this stuff installed. They were suggested to me as a shop that specializes in Ecoboost and the Ford platform in general.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Just south of Chicago. Near Orland Park.

Are you familiar with DynoTune MP (https://www.dynotunemp.com/) out of Hampshire? Thinking about going there to get some of this stuff installed. They were suggested to me as a shop that specializes in Ecoboost and the Ford platform in general.
Ok, I know the area. I'm down there for work a lot.

I did look into them when I was looking for a shop to do the FMIC install. My buddy and I are going to tackle it now that I have the space. A good friend of mine runs a shop out of Arlington Heights (https://www.dmarkperformance.com/?f...YzDHIb6umTO233JVx83neEFTMgeERCbAPbnAPSKK3Kq20) that was my first choice but he books pretty far out. Let me know if you go there or if you want referral to Drew's shop (Arlington Heights). Never hurts to have a backup!

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Just got a text from the repair shop saying they expect to have the ST done tomorrow. A week early! Hope so...

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
1695944958656.png 1695944958656.png

Last edited:
OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
Got the ST back on Friday.

Installed the CAI, strut tower brace and hood struts Sat. Next are the diff brace, catch can, lug nuts, etc. Possibly the intercooler and badges. Gonna leave the exhaust and rear sway bar for the professionals with a lift. Anyone that is interested... the hood struts that I installed are great! When you pop the hood it comes up on its own. Most of the others that I have read about you still have to pull it up after you pop it. And they were only $36

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094MQDTH2?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

OP
A

AOSRYJP

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Everything installed except for the catback and the rear sway bar. Gonna at least leave that for the pros. But, to be honest, when I was under it installing the diff brace the sway bar didn't look like such a big job. On my '23 it didn't even look like the heat shields needed to be removed or the exhaust dropped like I have seen other people say. Was worried about taking apart the front end to do the intercooler, but it wasn't TOO bad. Just took it slow. I did pop one of the zip ties though.

Reactions
Everything installed except for the catback and the rear sway bar. Gonna at least leave that for the pros. But, to be honest, when I was under it installing the diff brace the sway bar didn't look like such a big job. On my '23 it didn't even look like the heat shields needed to be removed or the exhaust dropped like I have seen other people say. Was worried about taking apart the front end to do the intercooler, but it wasn't TOO bad. Just took it slow. I did pop one of the zip ties though.
The sway bar and exhaust is easy.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Got the ST back on Friday.

Installed the CAI, strut tower brace and hood struts Sat. Next are the diff brace, catch can, lug nuts, etc. Possibly the intercooler and badges. Gonna leave the exhaust and rear sway bar for the professionals with a lift. Anyone that is interested... the hood struts that I installed are great! When you pop the hood it comes up on its own. Most of the others that I have read about you still have to pull it up after you pop it. And they were only $36

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094MQDTH2?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Good find on the struts! Thanks for posting!