Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Programing rear turns as another set of reverse lights w/Forscan?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
As the title says I've used Forscan to disable my rear turn signals all together and am currently using the brake/parking light as my turn signals as well, Not sure if its possible to program the factory turn as another reverse function? I've looks to see and couldn't find anything in the program not sure if anyone has found another way or if its even possible.

OP
21STBlkout
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Why not? I think it would be nice to add more light for reverse to be able to see a little more when backing up at night, plus my ocd needs to use the disabled lights for something haha

OP
21STBlkout
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Reactions
How hard was it to program the tail/brake lights as turn light? I have forscan and want that mod!

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Why not? I think it would be nice to add more light for reverse to be able to see a little more when backing up at night, plus my ocd needs to use the disabled lights for something haha
Do you have bad eyesight or a medical problem?

OP
21STBlkout
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
How hard was it to program the tail/brake lights as turn light? I have forscan and want that mod!
I don't have the program in front of me but its under the option for right brake light and left brake light, if I remember correctly in the drop down menu its the option to use the brake as park and turn, just make sure you don't pick the one that says position or the lights will illuminate as if your foot is on the brake and disable the turn function.

OP
21STBlkout
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Do you have bad eyesight or a medical problem?
I have astigmatism in both eyes, for me the brighter the surrounding light the better I see

Reactions
Do the amber bulbs just stop working?

OP
21STBlkout
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
Do the amber bulbs just stop working?
Yes, it disables them completely that's one of the reasons why I think it would be neat if you can enable them as secondary reverse lights, obviously swapping the bulbs out with another set of LED reverse bulbs.

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I did it last week, it's super easy, but like someone said, don't use the position option in the drop down

Explorer ST Posts