Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Problems with Radio, GPS, and Collision Assistance

Reactions
Another update.

The Ford technician parked my ST next to 2 others on the lot. He checked satellite reception on all three. Mine showed reception from 2 satellites. The other 2 we’re picking up 13.

They ordered and installed another new antenna. The new one is matte black which matches some of the other black trim on the vehicle, where the original was painted Atlas Blue like the rest of the vehicle.

I’ve been driving the vehicle for a day. I noticed already that SiriusXM has not cut in & out. And, the GPS seems to be tracking a lot smoother than when I first drove the ST of the lot.

I’m hoping this is the last update on this issue from me!

Reactions
I'm having the same issue with mine. I picked up my 2020 ST on this past Christmas Eve with 23.7k on it. Soon after it lost the GPS signal. I've been to the dealership three times. The first trip to the dealership in early January they ordered a new antenna. They replaced it 2 weeks and still no good; so they ordered an APIM. They just installed the APIM and still no good. They've reached out to engineering to find a solution. I'm not sure what else they have in mind of replacing, but this is getting frustrating.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm having the same issue with mine. I picked up my 2020 ST on this past Christmas Eve with 23.7k on it. Soon after it lost the GPS signal. I've been to the dealership three times. The first trip to the dealership in early January they ordered a new antenna. They replaced it 2 weeks and still no good; so they ordered an APIM. They just installed the APIM and still no good. They've reached out to engineering to find a solution. I'm not sure what else they have in mind of replacing, but this is getting frustrating.
Check your SYNC version. The newest one 21194 solved a lot of issues like this.

Reactions
Check your SYNC version. The newest one 21194 solved a lot of issues like this.
The truck is showong Build 21194, so it's the most updated one. I just got off the phone with the dealer and engineering wants them to check circuitry for the antenna and other items. I'll be taking it in on Monday and leaving it for a few days since I'm off of work, but I'm not happy at all. I told them they need to cover a rental, let's see how well that goes.

Reactions
Be persistent, I went a few rounds before they ultimately fixed the problem! Good luck!

dlredvay

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just curious if anyone has had any of the issues I've been facing with my explorer ST.

As far as the radio is concerned if I get out at a gas station, cut the car off, and get back in a few minutes later the radio will just not work. I have to cut the car off and let it sit for awhile before it'll work again. Really a pain in the ass.

The GPS just never works at all, it'll say I'm in a completely different city.

The collision assistance is now beeping as if I'm about to crash unnecessarily when there's nothing in my path.

I've taken it to the Ford dealership multiple times, but they can't seem to get it working.

dlredvay

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
New here to this forum. Purchased my 2021 ST in September and having same issues with the radio and maps. To say that's the least of the issues, oil leaks they can't seem to fix. I think this one is a lemon