Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Power Liftgate

NDanecker

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Explorer ST
Vehicle is currently being built with window sticker becoming available today. On it I don't see anything about omitting the power liftgate. Dealer said this may or may not get included so I'm trying to figure out if it was or not (via the window sticker). Doing some research I see there might be 2 different versions. One with the power assist liftgate where it can be opened by pressing a button near the head light switch. Other is by using your foot to open it at the rear of the vehicle.

My question, which the dealer cannot answer clearly, is which version is being omitted, or both?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
The foot activated part. Ford hasn't deleted the power liftgate part.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST 401A Pkg White Met Tri-Coat
Correct... my 2023 has no foot detection. Believe they started eliminating them last year. You can open with a button near the license plate near the last 'R. in the word Explorer, a dash button and the key fob.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
you never know...they said they were going to omit massaging seats, the foot activated lift gate and the auto stop start on mine.

I have everything omitted except the ASS :cautious:. Like i was looking forward to not have that function...

OP
N

NDanecker

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
If true this is great news. I don't care about the foot activated open/close but do need the remote open/close from fob and dash.

As for ASS I was able to deactivate this on my sons 21 Explorer XLT using Forscan and hoping I can do same on 23 ST when it arrives.

Reactions
Vehicle
If true this is great news. I don't care about the foot activated open/close but do need the remote open/close from fob and dash.

As for ASS I was able to deactivate this on my sons 21 Explorer XLT using Forscan and hoping I can do same on 23 ST when it arrives.
Yep, ass can be forscan eliminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
you never know...they said they were going to omit massaging seats, the foot activated lift gate and the auto stop start on mine.

I have everything omitted except the ASS :cautious:. Like i was looking forward to not have that function...
I know the one feature that I wouldve wanted ommited is still there. Doesn't matter really since Sport mode is pretty much all I use.

rb36643

Paramedic
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

My massaging seats, foot activated lift gate, and auto start/stop delete were all omitted on my 2023

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
My massaging seats, foot activated lift gate, and auto start/stop delete were all omitted on my 2023
yeah all the good stuff was omited for mine...except for the ASS. like why couldnt I get lucky enough to have it missing as all the other goodies.

Reactions
Vehicle
yeah all the good stuff was omited for mine...except for the ASS. like why couldnt I get lucky enough to have it missing as all the other goodies.
Just use forscan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk