Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Post crash results

Parksm3

Reactions
Fiancé got hit by another driver running a red light who did not even hit the brakes. Speed limit on the road was 35mph so I would say 35-45mph impact is a safe estimate. Luckily she wasn’t hurt at all, I mean not even a scratch. In case anyone questions the safety of these vehicles this is a testament. Oh and of course we just made our first payment 4 days before this happened. 17E146DA-A343-43B7-8C60-562B49358B9E.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Jesus Christ. Glad it was all on the car and not on the wifey-to-be.

Reactions
Wow. Glad everything is OK.

RLW

Reactions
Holy crap! Sorry for your trouble, but happy for the safe landing! What was the other vehicle, and how did the occupant(s) of that vehicle make out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Glad She's OK. Looks as if you'll be getting a new ST.

Reactions
ST holds up well even for a T-Bone accident... Crazy...

Glad the wifey is ok.. That's what truly matters at the end of the day...

OP
P

Parksm3

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Holy crap! Sorry for your trouble, but happy for the safe landing! What was the other vehicle, and how did the occupant(s) of that vehicle make out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Other vehicle was either a Camry or Corolla she doesn’t remember. It was totaled as well and they were good other than a busted lip.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
There is a lot of damage to your ST. Not counting the structural damage, about everything on there has at least road rash on it and will have to be replaced.

Reactions
Glad to hear that everyone was ok! What caused the vehicle to end up on the roof? I'm also kinda impressed that none of the glass broke out

Rmans911

Reactions
Oh, man! Your wife is truly lucky to be 100% fine judging by the looks of those photos. How scary for her to have gone through that, but at least no physical troubles. Good to know the ST protected her so well.

OP
P

Parksm3

Reactions
Thread Starter #13
There is a lot of damage to your ST. Not counting the structural damage, about everything on there has at least road rash on it and will have to be replaced.
Ya it got totaled out, which I knew it would. Only place not damaged was the tailgate.

OP
P

Parksm3

Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Glad to hear that everyone was ok! What caused the vehicle to end up on the roof? I'm also kinda impressed that none of the glass broke out
She was already making a left when the driver ran the red light and hit her. So with the suspension already being loaded on the right side and the impact at 40ish car had nowhere else to go but on its side then roof.

Reactions
Agreed with what the rest of the group posted...things can be replaced and a person's life can change in an instant. Glad to hear she is ok and the Explorer can take a T-bone and roll over and protect the occupants! That was a lot of energy transferred in that collision. Engineering, Seat belts and air bags have come a long way

OP
P

Parksm3

Reactions
Thread Starter #17
Agreed with what the rest of the group posted...things can be replaced and a person's life can change in an instant. Glad to hear she is ok and the Explorer can take a T-bone and roll over and protect the occupants! That was a lot of energy transferred in that collision. Engineering, Seat belts and air bags have come a long way
Oh ya!! I’m honestly glad if it was going to happen she was in this car and not our other one which is a 2010 fusion. She more than likely would’ve gotten pretty injured if it wasn’t for the advancement in safety.