Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Possible air conditioning issue?

Buck Nutz

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Has anybody else experienced a/c issue with one side feeling cooler than the other? Have mine set at 65 on both driver & passenger. The passenger side is much cooler than the driver side....
Took delivery in late September 2021 & never used the A/C at all until spring of 2022. Took it to dealer when it stopped working at they told me their was no Freon or whatever is used these days...
Just curious if anybody has seen this before I take it back to dealer

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
mine has a problem where it will blow freezing cold air, up until you go from 76 to 77 degrees, then it blows warm air.

OP
B

Buck Nutz

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
That's crazy. I swear sometimes it stops working for 30 seconds or so & starts up again. Have a service appt for 9-14 for this issue and the infamous loose driver seat. They also mentioned that they have better software for the rear camera recall update... I have never had any issues with that. Man, love driving this car and really handles well, but stuff likes this bother's me as I feel they cut some corners for the price point.

OP
B

Buck Nutz

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Back from service today for no aic; they found a bad Schrader valve, replaced & charged system. Had same issue this past spring. Re charged system & sent me packing.
Also finally fixed creaky, loose drivers seat. Mentioned the 2 TSB numbers found in another thread here