Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Police interceptor part lookup

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
Hey all,
I work in aviation and my job requires all vechicles to have a secondary noise making device and a minimum of 2 flashing lights in order to drive onto the ramp. The lights arent a big deal because i just ordered a magnetic light bar, but im having trouble finding a location to mount the speaker, i saw the police interceptor units have a factory installed siren mount in the drivers side bumber. im able to find pictures of the IPC but no referenct to part numbers. can anyone hrlp me out? id like to avoid mounting it behind my grille as it doesnt block air flow.

thanks in advance

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
So I saw a video of a guy putting in an IC into a PIU and noticed the Whelen speaker mounted to the side in front of the Tire. I noticed it because I had an airhorn in my old 5th Gen and got me thinking of installing in my ST. here is a screen shot of the video and a link to to the video but I cannot find that same mount anywhere.

Attachments

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
Thread Starter #5
the speaker is 'aftermarket', this one is prob. the most popular for this application - Whelen | Sirens and Speakers | SA315 Siren Series

this company has a 'kit' for the 2020+ explorer you may want to look at - Custom LED Strobe Lights for Trucks, Cars & SUVs | Wicked Warnings
Thanks for the link, I was looking at the sa315 from whelen but unfortunately it goes behind the grille which I'd like to avoid.
So I saw a video of a guy putting in an IC into a PIU and noticed the Whelen speaker mounted to the side in front of the Tire. I noticed it because I had an airhorn in my old 5th Gen and got me thinking of installing in my ST. here is a screen shot of the video and a link to to the video but I cannot find that same mount anywhere.

That's the mount I'm talking about, that's only the second time I've seen that particular setup. Let me see if I can continue to do some digging. On a side note my previous vechicle was a tacoma and I had plenty of space and no intercooler to worry about. Ideally I'd like to mount my rumbler as well, but bare minimum I need a speaker, I've already gotten a warning so I need one ASAP before MDAD decides to do a "random" vechicle inspection on me.

Explorer ST Posts