Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

PIU Grille w/lights, does it fit, can I add 2 yellow markers in that spot

Reactions
the PIU has 2 lights in the Grille as an options, wondering if I can fit that grille and put in 2 yellow markers

Sbenis

Reactions
The grille will fit I have one I would be willing to let go of if interested

GBVx

Reactions
Will the PIU grill fit the ST? Pictures look like the angle between the headlight, corner of the grill, and front bumper fascia is different.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
^^^ youre right, I never noticed the lower part of front bumper is different, Im not sure about the headlights

GBVx

Reactions
2020-Ford-Explorer-ST-12.png
Quick mockup of a PIU grill on an ST trim. Upon further review, the angles are correct.

GBVx

Reactions
^^^ youre right, I never noticed the lower part of front bumper is different, Im not sure about the headlights
And to your other question, yes you can. The PIU grill has to option for the lights, but you can get it without them as well. The cutouts are still there as far as I know. It looks like the lights are Whelen Ions, which do come in an amber configuration.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
no interference with shutters?
I was thinking about the Setina Push Bumper, ST and PIU do have differences lower fascia, Setina makes a civilian version but the reg Explorer and ST have diff fascia, arrghhh

GBVx

Reactions
no interference with shutters?
I was thinking about the Setina Push Bumper, ST and PIU do have differences lower fascia, Setina makes a civilian version but the reg Explorer and ST have diff fascia, arrghhh
not entirely sure

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Keep me posted if you have any success, these are also exact customizations I’m wanting to do to my ‘21 ST. Grille swap and grille guard push bumper.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
You can also try the timberline grille, and they sell the light kit thru ford accessories.

Nevermind, I just found a pic of the timberline grill, it's totally different and will also need the bumper cover to make the swap.

m-15200k-egl-1.jpg