Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Pirelli Scorpion Zero vs P Zero

Reactions
Going to replacing the factory installed Scorpion Zero tires by the end of this year. Curious to see if anyone has installed P Zero's over Scorpion Zero's. I've had P Zero's on my last SUV and they were amazing. Will get more thread life on the Scorpion Zero's vs P Zero's (500 vs 220) but the look and feel of P Zero's is unmatched to any other tire I've had before.

Reactions
I changed into PZero's and they're way better in my opinion. There's even less highway noise for some reason and even though they're the same size as the scorpions the tread design just does it for me.

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I changed into PZero's and they're way better in my opinion. There's even less highway noise for some reason and even though they're the same size as the scorpions the tread design just does it for me.
My thoughts exactly on the thread design. Gives it more of sporty look for sure. How long have you had yours?

Reactions
My thoughts exactly on the thread design. Gives it more of sporty look for sure. How long have you had yours?
Probably two months. My experience has been good and although I've never scooted around on PS4's or anything like that I felt like the PZero's were an improvement in grip over the Scorpions. I also somehow got them for around $200 a piece on a discount website so that was a win as well.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I like my P Zeroes…not stock sized though. lol 254D523F-E34E-4647-A37E-6D2E321BFC86.jpeg

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Probably two months. My experience has been good and although I've never scooted around on PS4's or anything like that I felt like the PZero's were an improvement in grip over the Scorpions. I also somehow got them for around $200 a piece on a discount website so that was a win as well.
Good to know. Pirelli is big customer of mine so I get their employee discount, which should come out to roughly $200ish per brand new tire. You have to be warry of those discount websites sometimes since they tend to sell new old stock tires. You may be getting tires that were manufactured years ago. Not saying this was the case in your situation but definitely something to consider.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Those looks so much better than the Scorpions. Side walls look more aggressive.
That’s because those are 315/35’s on 10.5” wheels.

OP
mcfarlrm
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
That’s because those are 315/35’s on 10.5” wheels.
I was going to say 305's but what do I know lol. The flatter stance on the ground looks better than factory OEM all day.

Reactions
Good to know. Pirelli is big customer of mine so I get their employee discount, which should come out to roughly $200ish per brand new tire. You have to be warry of those discount websites sometimes since they tend to sell new old stock tires. You may be getting tires that were manufactured years ago. Not saying this was the case in your situation but definitely something to consider.
Oh there's no question they were manufactured a while ago. They're holding up fine but I was fully prepared to have them arrive cracked and dried out. Seems I got lucky. I really just wanted to try them out but I'm so happy with them I think I'll get them again from a more reputable site and just pay what I should for them.