Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Pbd tune

Reactions
So after I flashed my explorer. Tune works amazing but one thing concerned me not sure if it was a fluke or if it will happen again. Few hours after the flash. I went to go in reverse and it lagged really bad. Screen went black and when I pressed down on the gas vehicle didn’t move. Flipped into neutral and back to reverse and it worked fine. Could the tune cause this ? Might be a fluke or maybe i didn’t have it fully engaged in reverse not sure. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I've experienced symptoms like this when I didn't release the parking brake before trying to move. It will release automatically, but there is a definite pause. Didn't notice any screen problems, but I wasn't paying attention.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Tune wouldn't do that. Key thing is "screen went black". Not sure if you mean sync or dash but that's not good. Hopefully a fluke. I'd use forscan to see if any codes were thrown.

OP
Bran1226
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Only reason I thought the tune was because it never once did that before until the tune was installed. And it was sync not the dash and gauges. We’ll see if it happens again if it does I’ll flash to stock and have the service department take a look

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Once in a blue moon, I will get loss of power after applying throttle. Car barely moves even with more throttle. I usually let off and reapply throttle...power is slowly restored. Not sure what that's about but has happened about 3 times in 2 years.

Zim

Reactions
It’s possible. You just re flashed your ecu. Weird things can happen as it’s relearning. If it happens more often then I’d be looking at the tune.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s possible. You just re flashed your ecu. Weird things can happen as it’s relearning. If it happens more often then I’d be looking at the tune.
He flashed the PCM, not the BCM.

OP
Bran1226
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
He flashed the PCM, not the BCM.
Ya happened again this morning. Drove about 20 miles. Went to back into a parking spot. Camera went black vehicle wouldn’t move almost felt like it was in neutral. Flipped it to neutral back to reverse and it was fine. Seems like it only happens after a decent length drive. Very strange