Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Parts shortages

Exsadlow

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Got a e-mail from Ford concerning World Supply Shortages. I received a short list of deleted items on my order.
I’m down to 4 tires and rims and they weren’t sure if the tires would be available for delivery.
:D
But I did notice that the option for the contour seats are no longer available in the US but still a option in Canada not sure if I’m going to get them. Haven’t even got a order conformation yet and I ordered 2/28.

MrHoward

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
No massaging chairs would be a deal breaker for me…

Reactions
Got a e-mail from Ford concerning World Supply Shortages. I received a short list of deleted items on my order.
I’m down to 4 tires and rims and they weren’t sure if the tires would be available for delivery.
:D
But I did notice that the option for the contour seats are no longer available in the US but still a option in Canada not sure if I’m going to get them. Haven’t even got a order conformation yet and I ordered 2/28.
I am in the same boat. I have received absolutely nothing since placing my order on 02/14/2022. Not even a confirmation email acknowledging my order. We will see what happens...

Good luck to you!

OP
Exsadlow

Exsadlow

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Finally got it 7 months 1 day later.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
How many options were deleted? Hopefully not too many.

My ST is a 2020 so I got it before all of the parts shortages REALLY hit.

I also got a January built 2022 F150 Lariat that was delivered in September, so I avoided a couple price hikes AND feature deletes. Lucky me I guess

OP
Exsadlow

Exsadlow

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
How many options were deleted? Hopefully not too many.

My ST is a 2020 so I got it before all of the parts shortages REALLY hit.

I also got a January built 2022 F150 Lariat that was delivered in September, so I avoided a couple price hikes AND feature deletes. Lucky me I guess
Just got the ST. so missing so far.
1.Contour seating
2.foot operated hatch release
3.auto park

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Just got the ST. so missing so far.
1.Contour seating
2.foot operated hatch release
3.auto park
Isn’t “auto park” part of the recall? It’s just a firmware update at the dealership.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Isn’t “auto park” part of the recall? It’s just a firmware update at the dealership.
I think Exsadlow meant Active Park Assist. If so, no big loss. I think very, very few people use the feature.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I think Exsadlow meant Active Park Assist. If so, no big loss. I think very, very few people use the feature.
I was doing another drill while my wife got to play with that at the Performance Experience. Me, I’m scared to death to even try letting this beast park itself.

OP
Exsadlow

Exsadlow

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
i won't use it either but it was part of the 401A package when i ordered it back in February now it's a separate item at $350 where's the refund for this? You would think the dealer would be on top of this and inform you.
On the bright side ford is coming out with a new model for the Explorer in 2023. It's the Explorer Surprise Edition there calling it this because when you get it you'll be surprised at all the options you're not getting.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
... On the bright side ford is coming out with a new model for the Explorer in 2023. It's the Explorer Surprise Edition there calling it this because when you get it you'll be surprised at all the options you're not getting.
But still paying for! Lol