Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Painting moulding pieces

Reactions
Vehicle
20 Platinum
I have a 2020 Platinum so my bottom door moulding, front/rear bumper bottoms and rear explorer emblem have silver on them and are not completely black.

I have read through @PlatinumST thread where he painted a lot of pieces and I am not sure I want to go through the hassle/expense of all that. I have also looked up the cost of buying black pieces....don't want to do that either.

Has anyone painted trim pieces using plastidip? I know it's not permanent but I figure if it doesn't work/looks bad I just peel it off and move on.

Magician

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Maybe consider wrapping them?

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
20 Platinum
Thread Starter #3
Maybe consider wrapping them?
I thought about that as well but I have never done wrapping...successfully anyway. I did it once on a previous vehicle and failed miserably lol. The plastidip seemed more forgiving.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
In my opinion with zero experience in this quest, I think that Plasti Dip would not hold up in this low-to-the-ground environment, or at least for not very long. I know there are many that wouldn't mind redoing the process every so often but this would take it off of my plate.

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
20 Platinum
Thread Starter #5
In my opinion with zero experience in this quest, I think that Plasti Dip would not hold up in this low-to-the-ground environment, or at least for not very long. I know there are many that wouldn't mind redoing the process every so often but this would take it off of my plate.
It's quite common for people to plastidip their rims. A lot paint their entire vehicle lol.

We'll see...

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I have seen these results and it was why I made my comment.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
They sell black covers for the chrome trim on eBay for cheap.

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
20 Platinum
Thread Starter #8
They sell black covers for the chrome trim on eBay for cheap.
Hadn't seen that, thanks.