Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Paddle shifter extensions

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just wanted to report that I got the paddle shifter extensions from AliExpress today. It took 2 weeks 5 days. It was sent using their standard shipping method and tracking was reasonably good. I ordered Black and it did indeed have the "Savanini" etched in. Am spray painting with Rustoleum primer/paint now.

Edit:. just spray painting helps make the labeling less noticeable but because it is etched in, you can still see it. You would need fill putty (Bondo et al.) and sanding to obliterate the name.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
what was the verdict on these. Good, bad, give up and make your own LOL

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I probably wouldn't do it if I could do it over...and I paddle shift the majority of the time. To me, a little tacky. I also do not like the way they are secured.

LokiWolf

Reactions
I have absolutely zero issue with them.

I sprayed them completely a slightly darker blue, cause I wanted and to make the name less noticeable.

I love the way they secure. I have dealt with many on other vehicles that just used tape, and it NEVER lasted. The screws work well.

Just my 2 cents…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #45
I left the screws off since I had a big piece of 3M VHB to play with. They haven’t moved at all.

LokiWolf

Reactions
I left the screws off since I had a big piece of 3M VHB to play with. They haven’t moved at all.
Interesting! Some previous ones I had the tape just wouldn’t hold them once it got hot. Probably the fact it wasn’t VHB. Cause I know it gets hot in TX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
good reminder. I ordered a set right after getting my ST. They never came. I've had the car since May.

KegsBdry

Reactions
good reminder. I ordered a set right after getting my ST. They never came. I've had the car since May.
Could be worse... mine showed up looking like something else, returned them, seller claimed it never showed up, seller kept my $ and the shifters. :cry: