Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Package question on sticker

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer St
Got my new ‘22 coming in on Monday. Going over the window sticker for the 50th time since we had to do a dealer exchange from another dealer…. It says “st high package” As part of the 401a. Is that high performance package with the vented rotors and HP pads? I would think so, but then the tires say all season underneath that. Just trying be prepared when I go in on Monday if I need to get the pads separately since I read they are a dealer installed option.

Attachments

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
You're going to get Red Calipers and Big Rotors but I don't know if "High Package" translates into Street Pack or Track Pack. I would assume that means Track Pack. I had read that Ford wasn't shipping the Track Package brakes and that you would have to take a chance on the Track Pack Brake Pads over the counter. The brake pad material is the only difference between Street Pack and Track Pack brakes.

The Pirelli All-Season tires are definitely what comes on the Street Pack and it used to be that the Track Pack had the Michelin "summer" or HP tires. I had also read that the Track Packs were now available with an all-season tire. Having said all this I've told you absolutely nothing you can take to the bank, sorry.

Last edited:
OP
O
Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer St
Thread Starter #3
You’ve told me nothing but it sounded so so good and I can wait to get whichever I end up with. Lol

honestly here in Oklahoma; in November, the summer tires would be a nightmare without much time to buy an extra set. So either way….

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
High package is just another term for the 401A package. It is not the high performance brakes. BTW those HP pads were only shipped separately for the 2020 model year. After that they were included from the factory. Also, the summer tires were only offered for the 2020 models.

OP
O
Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer St
Thread Starter #5
High package is just another term for the 401A package. It is not the high performance brakes. BTW those HP pads were only shipped separately for the 2020 model year. After that they were included from the factory. Also, the summer tires were only offered for the 2020 models.
Thank you for the info on the 2020. I appreciate the response. Do you know, should I expect it to have the cross drilled rotors or did they get rid of that after ‘20 as well? Thanks again

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
They didn't ever come with cross drilled rotors. If you are seeing those they are aftermarket.

OP
O
Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer St
Thread Starter #7
They didn't ever come with cross drilled rotors. If you are seeing those they are aftermarket.
Ok. Saw one comment on all the confusion of street/hp/etc and what it included and thought maybe I had missed that one

thanks again

Explorer ST Posts