Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

One of the coolest car commercials ever....

Blackssr

Reactions
Sorry Ford lovers this is one of the coolest commercials ever...

Reactions
When I saw the title of this thread that is the video I thought of first. Great cars, video and song!

Here is another one:

Reactions
And another:

mulligan

Reactions
My all time favorite...

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
When I saw the title of this thread that is the video I thought of first. Great cars, video and song!

Here is another one:
My ex-wife drove just like that and we lived in New York and had a blizzard.. the only thing different every body panel had to be replaced.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I stumbled on to this commercial. I actually owned an SSR. It's been my forum name for nearly 20 years. It was literally the worst piece of junk I've ever owned. The top gave me trouble from day one and they never got it working correctly. Eventually after a year they lemon lawed the car and gave me back my $42,000. At that time, I had put down a $2,000 deposit on the car and waited a full 10 months to take delivery. It was almost a year late in getting on the showroom floors and the commercial made light of it. It is still a cool commercial either way showing the SSR late to the party. In my opinion, The Chevy SSR could have been a contender had it been a completely new design without utilizing the trailblazer chassis and if it was released with the 400 plus horsepower. It was overpriced, too heavy, released even though the retractable top mechanism was not perfected and simply did not have enough performance. I got caught up in the hype and luckily I got out of it without taking a beating. Just to reiterate, it was the worst car I have ever owned. The top ruined any enjoyment I had while owning the car. The local Chevy mechanics were not trained to work on such a complicated top. They sent a zone rep and even he was an idiot. Years later my dad purchased an XLR-V from Cadillac. It had a similar top design that worked flawlessly so apparently general motors had worked it out but it was too late for the SSR. It was a commercial failure.

But it did have a cool commercial..lol.
Jump to 1 minute 20 seconds in the video to see the SSR portion.

Last edited: