Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Oddity with 2025 configurations

Loric76

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This may be difficult to answer since production hasn’t even started yet for the 2025 models, but does anyone know why the middle row bench isn’t available in the Platinum trim with the V6? Seems like an odd gap in the options offered.

The bench is available with the V6 in the ST, so it’s likely not a fitment issue. And the bench is available in the base engine trim Platinum, so it’s not like Ford doesn’t produce a bench with the Platinum trim seat covers.

My 2020 ST lease is up in August and I’m trying to decide between 2025 ST and Platinum for the next one. I had a 2017 Platinum before the ST and loved it. I love the ST as well but am getting older and finding myself outgrowing the stiff suspension and harsh ride that comes with the ST. I want the power of the turbo 6 though, but prefer the bench in the middle row.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
It might be the seat wrap options.
A type of leather/inserts/etc that won't be offered in the bench seat, only in captain's chairs.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Buy an ST, swap in Platinum shocks and struts…problem solved.

OP
L

Loric76

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
It might be the seat wrap options.
A type of leather/inserts/etc that won't be offered in the bench seat, only in captain's chairs.
Thats the thing tho - the Platinum is available with the bench, just not in combination with the 6.

VT_K9

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
First post and all... I came here to learn about specifics of the ST to make sure it would fit my needs and it could be setup in a professional manner. I spent a couple weeks researching the ST options with a dealer. I am in a unique position and the ST will be a work vehicle. One of my needs was a bench seat. I was put under the impression the 2025 ST was not available with a bench seat so I am working on a 2024 model.

Mike

OP
L

Loric76

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
First post and all... I came here to learn about specifics of the ST to make sure it would fit my needs and it could be setup in a professional manner. I spent a couple weeks researching the ST options with a dealer. I am in a unique position and the ST will be a work vehicle. One of my needs was a bench seat. I was put under the impression the 2025 ST was not available with a bench seat so I am working on a 2024 model.

Mike
Check the build and price for the 2025 ST. You can spec the ST with the middle row bench.

UGADawg96

Reactions
Vehicle
F150
For the ST, looks like both seating options in Canada, but only Captains chairs only in USA... kinda odd it seems.

1714212170587.png
1714212143893.png

Last edited:
OP
L

Loric76

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
Good catch. And very odd indeed.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I just wish ford would get off their high horse and make the third row optional, or offer a no cost 3rd row delete.

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I would not worry about build and price..it's notoriously wrong in every vehicle
2025s are not even in production yet
The f150 had many goofs in build price for 24..they eventually fixed it
My bet is captain chairs are standard and full bench is option just like its been in past
They can't even decide if a 25 king ranch edition will be built
Imo they screwed the goose on that trim
combined with deleting 360 cameras,
Instead of fixing the issue
Ford is always behind in real advertising.

Build and price an aviator
Same v6...bench seat..

UGADawg96

Reactions
Vehicle
F150
I would not worry about build and price..it's notoriously wrong in every vehicle
2025s are not even in production yet
The f150 had many goofs in build price for 24..they eventually fixed it
My bet is captain chairs are standard and full bench is option just like its been in past
They can't even decide if a 25 king ranch edition will be built
Imo they screwed the goose on that trim
combined with deleting 360 cameras,
Instead of fixing the issue
Ford is always behind in real advertising.

Build and price an aviator
Same v6...bench seat..
That's why I'm waiting until summer when they show up on lots before deciding what to do

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
I’d be good with waiting but my 2020 lease is up in August. Need to put an order in soon.

I like the idea of the Aviator potentially.