Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Norcal Owner Check in

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Been seeing quite a few Sacramento and Norcal owners posting up lately so I thought id start a post up for us. Be cool to have a checkin as well as see about setting up a possible meet.

My son is a semi-professional photographer (he's only 15) is super talented and is a car lover like his dad, so he his passion is vehicle photos and videos. if we could get enough folks together we could set up a shoot. check out the youtube short he made this past weekend

Instagram - @somephotographerkid
https://youtube.com/shorts/ScpNq40Hg_M?feature=share

OP
mycbtech
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #2
Bump...cmon ive seen a lot of Norcal people here

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
pending new owner ;) well, actually just need to get the SO to go test drive one, but she wants to upgrade from her Focus ST to the Explorer ST :)

OP
mycbtech
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #4
pending new owner ;) well, actually just need to get the SO to go test drive one, but she wants to upgrade from her Focus ST to the Explorer ST :)
Well we are close as im in Orangevale so there is room for test rides to turn the page to the ST ;)

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Nice!! Any mods?

Diesel63

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Count me in! I'm in Roseville.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
awesome, looking at those mods (sans Ethanol) and will probably do the Whipple Stage 1 setup - no intake... I've shyed away from non-CARB parts in the past few vehicles - just too much of a headache in Commifornia :)

OP
mycbtech
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #9
Well you have 8 years from the model manufacture dates to smog. So the only reason why you would have an issue is if you did something stupid and a cop told you to pop your hood. But who's going to look at a Ford Explorer and ask to pop the hood right? Also, I don't know if Whipple will actually sell the stage one in California will they? Because, it's still considered a tune.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
now it's 8 years? I thought it was 6? edit: found it
Starting January 1, 2019, if your vehicle is less than 4 model years old, you can pay a smog abatement fee instead of getting a smog inspection for the first 8 years that your vehicle is registered.

Yes Whipple does, their tune is CARB legal as well -Dustin works directly with Ford on the tunes, I have a Stage1 setup on my 2017 Raptor - makes awesome power :)

Last edited:
OP
mycbtech
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #11
Nice. If that impresses you the ZFG will amaze you

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Last edited:
OP
mycbtech
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #13
that's what I'm worried about LOL

edit: looks like I can do the whipple intercooler with ZFG too (and for cheaper!)
I do like that Whipple supports the factory warranty though...
thats a debate that has gone back and forth through time. its kinda one of those things...performance or warranty. I have yet to see any post where a ZFG tune has fouled anyones warranty in the last several years hes been tuning this platform.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
now it's 8 years? I thought it was 6? edit: found it
Starting January 1, 2019, if your vehicle is less than 4 model years old, you can pay a smog abatement fee instead of getting a smog inspection for the first 8 years that your vehicle is registered.

Yes Whipple does, their tune is CARB legal as well -Dustin works directly with Ford on the tunes, I have a Stage1 setup on my 2017 Raptor - makes awesome power :)
LOL Dustin that almost blew up my 1st gen Whipple Raptor? I took it to them in Fresno and what a waste of time and money. my E-mail JDM tune was 100 times better.
You already made up your mind I just wanted to throw it out anyways.

Im in Roseville! We keep talking about a meet but it was raining for the last 3 months lol. we should now that weather is good. Mycbtech has all the cool bolt on mods My junk is stock unless you count lowering springs lol.

OP
mycbtech
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #15
Im in Roseville! We keep talking about a meet but it was raining for the last 3 months lol. we should now that weather is good. Mycbtech has all the cool bolt on mods My junk is stock unless you count lowering springs lol.
I definitly want to see the lowering springs to get a good idea of what mine will look like whenever I can get my mechanic to make time for me :ROFLMAO:

I got an idea:

how about we make a Explorer meet for next weekend and ill have my semi-professional photographer do a semi-formal photo shoot out of it?

View attachment DSC09866 (2).jpg

View attachment DSC00001.jpg

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
OP
mycbtech
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #17
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
yeah...no. waaaay too early to be getting up on a Saturday. that should be against the law
Lol no shit.
Besides taking an explorer to cars and coffee should be against the law also.
I’m good with next weekend.

OP
mycbtech
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Thread Starter #19
So whos in on getting together this weekend in Sacramento?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I’m in if it’s after 12 lol
My ST is only lowered and honestly prob won’t even wash it but I’m always up to meet people and put names and faces together. I live in Roseville if that matters

Explorer ST Posts