Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

No GPS symbol

Reactions
Has anyone received a No GPS symbol (The letters GPS with a red circle and line through the circle) on their navigation display? This happened to me the other day while driving to and from work. Have never received this before. I did a soft re-boot (push the volume knob and fast forward button simultaneously on the center display for a couple seconds) and the symbol disappeared. Waiting to see if it comes back. Has only been a day.

Reactions
It's happened to me a few times and normally goes away with each restart, the No GPS icon means the satellite signals aren't strong enough. It's nothing to be concerned about.

Reactions
I also get the NO GPS symbol

Reactions
I got this with my 17' Fusion sport... when this happens, Car Play & Bluetooth does not work until I restart the vehicle. Dealer unable to nail it down for me. Knock on wood it has not happened for almost a year now. 8 Weeks to go until my ST arrives.

Last edited:

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I've gotten this about 10 times in the first 8 weeks of ownership. Then it sort of disappeared for months. Now on occasion, I just happen to notice the car's map is wrong...in the general vacinity but wrong. It's like the "no GPS" but it doesn't say it. The sad part that if you plug in your iphone, the car's gps is given priority over your phones. Have no idea why my iphone's gps has never failed me but the car's has probably happened 15 times over the past year.

PaulST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Has anyone received a No GPS symbol (The letters GPS with a red circle and line through the circle) on their navigation display? This happened to me the other day while driving to and from work. Have never received this before. I did a soft re-boot (push the volume knob and fast forward button simultaneously on the center display for a couple seconds) and the symbol disappeared. Waiting to see if it comes back. Has only been a day.
You need a hard reset. I have had this twice.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Hi PaulST... Yes, you are correct. Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
My Limited did this often (plus many other electronic antics). The ACM finally failed. Since it apparently was most anxious to become a "hangar queen", I traded it on the ST.