Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New to site, have't bought one.....yet...

Dr Matt

Reactions
New to this site, looking at a blue 2020ST to replace my wife's 2010 CX-9. Been a great car but really liking the new 2020, especially the ST version. I'm a die hard Ford guy, but not opposed to some other vehicles. Currently my DD is a Mercedes CL-65 (
), but also have a '17 F350 Dually with a D/T 6.7 currently making about 640/1300HP/TQ. Also building a new drag car to take over track duty from the Mercedes. It's a 1979 Ford Fairmont Futura. Dart 9.5 deck block with a SCAT 427" stoker kit and eventually a couple turbo's. Car is back 1/2ed with 4 link & double adjustable coil overs set up to tuck 325/50's under it. Previous cool Fords include a '04 Lightning I built ended up at 697/734 RWHP/TQ & ran mid 10's, had a '77 Cougar with a 488" big block. Assorted Mustangs, F150's, 250's, etc. Looking forward to putting an ST in the garage! (and then modding it of course!)

rbragg

Reactions
New to this site, looking at a blue 2020ST to replace my wife's 2010 CX-9. Been a great car but really liking the new 2020, especially the ST version. I'm a die hard Ford guy, but not opposed to some other vehicles. Currently my DD is a Mercedes CL-65 (
), but also have a '17 F350 Dually with a D/T 6.7 currently making about 640/1300HP/TQ. Also building a new drag car to take over track duty from the Mercedes. It's a 1979 Ford Fairmont Futura. Dart 9.5 deck block with a SCAT 427" stoker kit and eventually a couple turbo's. Car is back 1/2ed with 4 link & double adjustable coil overs set up to tuck 325/50's under it. Previous cool Fords include a '04 Lightning I built ended up at 697/734 RWHP/TQ & ran mid 10's, had a '77 Cougar with a 488" big block. Assorted Mustangs, F150's, 250's, etc. Looking forward to putting an ST in the garage! (and then modding it of course!)

Reactions
77 cougar.....sssssweet. we had a 76 xr7 new back then. Beautiful and sporty but like the others of that era, underpowered. Sounds like you alleviated that problem!

OP
Dr Matt

Dr Matt

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
77 cougar.....sssssweet. we had a 76 xr7 new back then. Beautiful and sporty but like the others of that era, underpowered. Sounds like you alleviated that problem!
I sure tried to. Fast luxury cars weren’t really a thing back then. I thought it would be the best of both worlds. Loved that car. They initiated emissions testing where I lived at the time and there was eventually no way to register the car with the 1969 motor so I had to part it out.