Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New to Me ST

dough4200

Reactions
Been reading on here for a little bit, thinking I should have found this group before I bought the ST. We drove 4 hours from STL to KC to pick her up on Friday. She's a metallic magnet 2020 with 7000miles. No street package, but it does have the roof and tech package. The black wheels thing has still not grown on me, I'm a little old-school and like a little shine on the shoes. I bought this without ever driving one; just going off reviews and the fact I've owned Fords for the last 25 years. I must say, I'm not disappointed...for the most part.

When signing paperwork, we found out the warranty started on 7/1/19 even though the AutoCheck has it first being registered as a lease on 11/6/19 when it had 20 miles. I was not happy about that, but after further research, sounds like a common practice in the auto world now. I didn't go through the vehicle very thoroughly when we got there. I had a $500 non-refundable deposit, we just drove 4 hours, and had a 4-hour drive back...it would have taken a LOT for me to not bring her home with me. Once we got home and I started playing with everything, I found my sunglasses holder won't stay shut, the headrest release on the third row will not operate, and the auto fold button for the 3rd-row driver side seat is stuck in. All minor inconveniences for now, but after reading here, I'm worried what's next. I looked, she was built in April 2019 in Chicago :eek: This is like the worst possible build date and place right? I'm scared now. Gonna have to drive it a ton over the next 1.5 years to find the gremlins before the warranty is up. Anything specific I should be on the lookout for now?

Thanks,
Dough

Reactions
Just because of the build date does Not mean all the vehicles have problems. So, enjoy your ride and congratulations.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
What kk said,
Most of what you read on a forum is about problems ...don't see the 95% that's not had any problems.

Drive the crap out of it and let the dealer take care of those little problems.

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Jim