Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New to Ford and the EXPLORER ST line PHEV

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
Hi, as per the title I just joined the Ford word the straight way. I got mine ATLAS BLUE, brand new, yesterday and drove back home for 280 km. i am impressed by the power and response of the engine. I think I'll love it.
Ciao from Italy
Enzo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST (AWD)
ST with PHEV - curious if you test drove a non-PHEV for comparisons?

OP
E

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
Thread Starter #3
Non phev are not available in Italy. The combo of the two engines gives you over 800 Nm over 2500 kgs. Go figure the Mustang GT V8 5.0L has 570 Nm over 1800 kgs weight.
Ciao from Italy
Enzo

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hi, as per the title I just joined the Ford word the straight way. I got mine ATLAS BLUE, brand new, yesterday and drove back home for 280 km. i am impressed by the power and response of the engine. I think I'll love it.
Ciao from Italy
Enzo
Welcome to the forum. Love the Atlas Blue LOL.

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Ciao from Italy
Enzo
Welcome.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Benvenuto Enzo!

Where in Italy?

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
Welcome Enzo!

Enjoy your Explorer ST line PHEV, i got the same one :) hopefully you'll have a bit more luck!

Can you see if your rear diff has 1 or 2 bolts?

Attachments

OP
E

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
Thread Starter #8
Welcome Enzo!

Enjoy your Explorer ST line PHEV, i got the same one :) hopefully you'll have a bit more luck!

Can you see if your rear diff has 1 or 2 bolts?
I will try to take a picture. Why you have not been lucky?

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
I will try to take a picure. Why you have not been lucky?
Had a lot of issues with my car. Delivery took over 8 months longer than anticipated/told, driveline vibrations, very loud massage seats, roof rails bulging and after having those fixed it the roof started rattling, wheel cant seem to be aligned properly, brakepedal sensor sometimes doesnt realize its being pressed when trying to start the car, pre collission assist sometimes intervenes while the road ahead is clear (had it slam on the brakes twice while driving), issues with transmission (seem to be sorted after update), brake pedal sometimes gives the ABS jutter while im just slightly braking and there's plenty of grip, and then there's some other minor stuff. The dealer has been staring at these issues for over 6 months now.

Hopefully, yours is fine though!

OP
E

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
Thread Starter #10
Had a lot of issues with my car. Delivery took over 8 months longer than anticipated/told, driveline vibrations, very loud massage seats, roof rails bulging and after having those fixed it the roof started rattling, wheel cant seem to be aligned properly, brakepedal sensor sometimes doesnt realize its being pressed when trying to start the car, pre collission assist sometimes intervenes while the road ahead is clear (had it slam on the brakes twice while driving), issues with transmission (seem to be sorted after update), brake pedal sometimes gives the ABS jutter while im just slightly braking and there's plenty of grip, and then there's some other minor stuff. The dealer has been staring at these issues for over 6 months now.

Hopefully, yours is fine though!
Oh well. I had it for only two days, I hope is not simply too early :) but a different building year. Mine is MY 2022, and built in Germany.

Reactions
Vehicle
Oh well. I had it for only two days, I hope is not simply too early :) but a different building year. Mine is MY 2022, and built in Germany.
In Germany? I thought all were built in the US? Mine was build march/april of 2022.

OP
E

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
Thread Starter #12
Check with your win, if it begins with WF0 it is made in Germany

Reactions
Vehicle
Check with your win, if it begins with WF0 it is made in Germany
I think thats just administrative, who registers the VIN. My dealer told me it was built in Chicago and part of the delays were the transport by boat.

Attachments

OP
E

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
Thread Starter #14
Huidige locatie means Current Location language is Dutch.
That is probably the "tracking" of the veicle, it has nothing to do with the building plant.
Find your win if you want to know the building plant.
Howver can you rello me if yours is MY 2022 o 2021?
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I believe ALL are made in Chicago.

OP
E

enzo-ita

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST PHEV
Thread Starter #16
I believe ALL are made in Chicago.
Mine is made in Germany. At least that is what the vin says.

Reactions
Vehicle
Huidige locatie means Current Location language is Dutch.
That is probably the "tracking" of the veicle, it has nothing to do with the building plant.
Find your win if you want to know the building plant.
Howver can you rello me if yours is MY 2022 o 2021?
Thanks
I know it means current location, as i am dutch :)

Why would they send a car, bought for NL, from Germany to Chicago, to then ship it back to NL?

Like i said, i think all are built in chicago and that Ford AG is just the registrant of the EU Vin codes and that's why itll show up as built in Germany.

Mine is a 22 Btw.

Ps, even ford doesnt mention explorers being build in Germany;
https://corporate.ford.com/operations/locations/global-plants/saarlouis-body-and-assembly-plant.html

Last edited:

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ciao from Italy
Enzo
Congrats and welcome.