Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New ST Owner

getom59

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Greetings everyone. I am writing this intro to tell the story about our new Agate Black 2022 4WD Explorer ST. This ST was bought off the lot with equipment group 401A, rear bucket seats, moonroof, premium technology package, and roof rack side rails.

This ST was intended to be bought for my wife who had placed an order for a Atlas Blue 2022 Limited in mid February. My wife's order included 4WD, equipment group 301A, rear bench seat, and no moonroof. Ford immediately sent us an order confirmation but then nothing else. Impatiently waiting and 7 weeks later we were driving through a dealer lot and happened to see two Explorers sitting out front with a salesman nearby: one black and one red. We stopped and asked about each Explorer to see if they were available for sale and both were.

Both Explorers (Rapid Red Limited and Agate Black ST) didn't match what my wife had ordered as they both: were not atlas blue, had rear bucket seats, and a moonroof. However, in today's market they both grabbed our attention (mostly mine). I am very guilty in swaying our purchasing decision towards the Agate Black ST instead of the Rapid Red Limited or waiting "for who knows when" on the Atlas Blue Limited.

The guilty feeling has been with me until today when my wife saw the work of our son's detailing resulting in mirror image reflections on her new Agate Black 2022 4WD Explorer ST. Today my wife seemed to finally warm up to the color and and as far as everything else the ST has exceeded all her expectations for seating capacity and a non leaky moonroof.

A little background is that in the past we have bought Ford cars and have always been very frugal when purchasing them. We owned a 2002 Explorer XLS as a family car that my wife loved. We traded our 2002 Explorer XLS in for a 2013 Escape S. Since that time my wife has always called the Escape her Explorer want-a-be so we had to fix that and get her a real Explorer again. 18F14032-951E-489E-BD15-381E865380DD.jpeg

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard

Reactions
Very nice, almost identical to mine. Great choice.